Total views : 276
Hole Detection and Hole Healing in a Wireless Sensor Network using LeDiR Methodology
Objective: To monitor and control the total area of a Wireless Sensor Network (WSN) without any coverage holes that impair the sensor node functionalities. Methodology: We propose an exhaustive arrangement, which operates in two phases, hole detection and hole healing. We design our system based on Least-Disruptive topology Repair (LeDiR) algorithm. LeDiR scheme enhances the conventional and the extant route discovery techniques in the network, easing the tasks of hole detection and hole healing. Finding/Improvements: We implement our system in NS-2. Our proposed system implements LeDiR, effectively controls the WSN of coverage holes and successful in implementing hole detection and hole healing. We also demonstrate that our scheme is successful in overcoming both the coverage holes and routing holes.
AODV, Coverage Holes, Hole Detection, Hole Healing LeDiR, Mobile Networks, NS-2, Routing, Wireless Sensor Networks.
- Pandey Gaurav Kumar, Singh Amrit Pal. Energy Conservation and Efficient Data Collection in WSN-ME: A Survey. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Aug; 8(17):1-11.
- Saranya R, Umamakeswari A. Energy Aware Data Aggregation with Sink Relocation to Improve the Network Lifetime. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 May; 8(S9):312–17.
- Anand, Sairam N. Methodologies for Addressing the Performance Issues of Routing in Mobile Ad hoc Networks: A Review. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 205 Jul; 8(15):1-10.
- Vijayan K, Raaza Arun. A Novel Cluster Arrangement Energy Efficient Routing Protocol for Wireless Sensor Networks. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Jan; 9(2):1-9.
- Sirisha G, Bulli Babu R, Raghava Rao K. Establishing Path Quality Management in Wireless Sensor Networks through Cluster Head Determination. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Feb; 9(5):1-9.
- Vinothini M, Umamakeswari A. Reliable Data Transmission using Efficient Neighbor Coverage Routing Protocol in Wireless Sensor Network. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2014 Dec; 7(12):2118–23.
- Sarath Chandra MS, Raghava Rao K, Ali Hussain M. An Efficient Scheme for Facilitating Secure Data Sharing in Decentralized Disruption Tolerant Networks. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Feb; 9(5):1-13.
- Shanmugasundaram TA, Nachiappan Alamelu. Multi-Layer Support based Clustering for Energy-Hole Prevention and Routing in Wireless Sensor Networks Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Apr; 8(S7):236–46.
- Asha Shiny XS, Jagadeesh Kannan R. Energy Efficient Clustering Protocol using Self Organizing Map in MANET. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Oct; 8(28);1-8.
- Dugaev D, Zinov S, Siemens E, Shuvalov V. A survey and performance evaluation of ad-hoc multi-hop routing protocols for static outdoor networks. IEEE, SIBCON. 2015 May; p. 1-11.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.