Total views : 243
Texture and Shape based Object Detection Strategies
Objectives: To identify the Objects individually in an image. Methods/Statistical Analysis: The texture based object detection is done based on the texture available over the surface of the object and the shape based object detection is done based on the outline of the objects in an image. These two methods are used for the object detection in an image. Findings: Both of the methods prove to have their own advantages and limitations; so based on the applications the appropriate method can be applied. Applications: Biometric recognition, surveillance, Medical Analysis.
Object Detection, Shape Detection, Shape Contexts, Shape Recognition and Detection, Texture.
- Saraswat M, Goswami AK. Object recognition using texture based analysis. IJCSIT. 2013; 4(6):775–82.
- Belongie S, Malik J, Puzicha J. Shape matching and object recognition using shape contexts. Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence. 2002 Apr; 24(24):509– 22.
- Kundukulam ED, Sudharson A. Implementing and optimizing template matching techniques for home automation. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Aug; 8(19):1–6.
- Jones DJ, Mallik J. Computational framework to determining stereo corespondance from a linear spatial filters. Image and Vision Computing. 1992 Dec; 10(10):699–708.
- Hu W, Gharuib AM, Hafez. Template match object detection for inertial navigation systems. Scientific Research Publishing (SCIRP); 2011 May. p. 78–83.
- Shectman E, Irani M. Matching local self-similarities across images and videos. 2007 IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition; 2007 Jun. p. 1–8.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.