Total views : 319
FPGA Implementation of High Speed Error Detection and Correction of Orthogonal Codes using Segmentation Method
Background: Our main objective is to improve the error detection and correction capability using orthogonal codes with high security and speed. Statistical Analysis: In order to achieve high speed and security for error detection and correction, we have used cryptography technique. The concept of segmentation is specifically used, as it gives highly secured signal and also reduces the time complexity. Previous study incorporates mapping technique for error detection and correction. Our proposed methodology uses two decoders in place of mapping at the receiver end. This eases the performance and decreases the clock pulses. Findings: The proposed technique will send the k-bit data to encoders and it gets converted into orthogonal codes. The data is then encrypted using encryptor which consists of LFSR. The data is then sent to the receiver and then original data is retrieved using the decoders at the receiver. The multiple bit error correction can be done up to (n/4-1) bits. Here we have compared the delays for 4-bit, 5-bit, 6-bit, 7-bit, 8-bit data. After comparing our technique with the previous study we have found out that the delay time is gradually reduced. Our proposed work is done in n/2+1 comparison, where n represents the bit length of orthogonal codes. Hence this technique achieves 100% multiple bit error detection and error correction rate in the received signal. This technique is simulated in Xilinx software and implement using Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA). Application/Improvements: This technique can be used for efficient transmission of data in the networks. There is also a wide scope for improvement to limit the bandwidth.
Comparator, Error Detection and Correction, FPGA, LFSR, Orthogonal Codes.
- Narendra Babu T, Noorbasha F, Gunnam LC. Implementation of high security cryptographic system with improved error correction and detection rate using FPGA. International Journal of Electrical and Computer Engineering. 2016 Apr; 6(2):602-10.
- Qamar RA, Maarof MA, Ibrahim S. An efficient encoding algorithm for (n, k) binary cyclic codes. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2012 May; 5(5): 1-5.
- Azari L, Ghaffari. Proposing a novel method based on network coding for optimizing error recovery in wireless sensor networks. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 May; 8(9):859–67.
- Pasricha S, Sharma S. FPGA based design of Reed Solomon codes. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2009 Mar; 2(4):1-5.
- Gholase M, Thakare LP, Deshmukh AY. Enhancement of error detection and correction capability using orthogonal code convolution. International Journal of Computational Engineering Research. 2013 Apr; 3(4):66-71.
- Jirapure SD, Balwani S. Design and implementation of orthogonal code convolution using enhanced error control technique. International Journal of Engineering Research and Applications. International Conference on Industrial Automation and Computing; 2014 Apr; p. 1-5.
- Kaabouch N, Dhirde A, Faruque S. Improvement of Orthogonal Code Convolution Capabilities using FPGA Implementation. IEEE Electro/Information Technology Proceedings; 2007. p. 337-9.
- Wang A, Kaabouch N. FPGA based design of a novel enhanced error detection and correction technique. IEEE International Conference on Electro/Information Technology; 2008 May. p. 25-9.
- Stylianakis V, Toptchiyski S. A reed-Solomon coding/decoding structure for an ADS modem. IEEE International Conference on Electronics, Circuits and Systems. 1999, pp. 430 – 434.
- Gupta V, Verma C. Error detection and correction. International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Science and Software Engineering. 2012 Nov; 2(11):1-7.
- Shrivastava P, Singh UP. Error detection and correction using reed solomon codes. International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Science and Software Engineering. 2013 Aug; 3(8):1-5.
- Kumar UK, Umashankar BS. Improved hamming code for error detection and correction. 2nd International Symposium on Wireless Pervasive Computing; 2007 Feb.
- Panse Mrunal S, Meshram S, Chaware D, Raut A. Error detection using orthogonal code. IOSR Journal of Engineering. 2014 Mar; 4(3):7-11.
- Faruque S, Kaabouch N, Dhirde A. Wireless and optical communication proceeding. ACTA Press; 2007 Jun. p. 565-630.
- Meshram VP, Tawade NR, Deshmukh SM, Nandanwar SV, Borkar DD. Implementation of error correction technique using OCC on FPGA. IJSTE. 2016 Mar; 2(9):12-6.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.