Total views : 267
Face Recognition and Detection from Group Photograph
Background/Objectives: Face recognition has become a challenging and fast growing area in real time applications. The paper deals with recognition and extracts the single person face from the group photograph. It becomes the next generation technology. Methods/Statistical Analysis: skin detection algorithms is performed to recognize the face and extract the features. Grey Level Co-occurrences Matrix Technique were used to analyse the feature. Findings: We proposed a system for face recognition and detection. Face is extracted from the input image using detection algorithm. Binary distance helps to locate the bounding box limits. GLCM technique helps to extract the grey scale properties from the input image. These properties are compared to the database to identify the person. Application/Improvements: The accuracy rates can further be improved by considering various factors like pose, expressions etc.
Color Analysis, Detection, GLCM, Recognition.
- Hancock PJB, Smith LS. GANNET, Genetic design of a neural net for face recognition. In: Schwefel H-P., Manner R, editors. Proceedings of the Conference on Parallel Problem Solving from Nature. Springer Verlag; 1991.
- Kheirkhah E, Tabatabaie ZS. A hybrid face detection approach in color images with complex background. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Jan; 8(1):49–60.
- Movina R, Ayoob R, Kumar MS. Face Recognition using Symmetric Local Graph Structure. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Sep; 8(24):1–5.
- Dharavath K, Talukdar FA, Laskar RH. Improving face recognition rate with image preprocessing. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2014 Aug; 7(8):1170–5.
- Shelke K. Face recognition from group photograph. International Journal of Engineering and Innovative Technology. 2013 Jul; 3(1):1–5.
- Lokhande VH. Study of region base segmentation method. International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Science and Software Engineering. 2014 Jan; 4(1):1–4.
- Al Haj M, Amato A, Roca X, Gonzalez J. Finding faces in color images through primitive shape features. 2nd Computer Vision: Advances in Research and Development (CVCRD); Bellaterra, Espanya. 2007. p. 1–6.
- Raid AM, Khedr WM, El-dosuky MA, Aoud M. Image restoration based on morphological operations. International Journal of Computer Science, Engineering and Information Technology. 2014 Jun; 4(3):1–13.
- Shaika KB, Ganesan P, Kalist V, Sathish BS, Jenithab JMM. Comparative study of skin color detection and segmentation in HSV and YCbCr color space. 3rd International Conference on Recent Trends in Computing Procedia Computer Science; 2015. p. 41–8.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.