Total views : 256
Design and Simulation of Power Efficient Linear MOS Transconductor
Objectives: This paper proposes design of a linear and power efficient transconductance amplifier for Asynchronous Sigma-Delta Modulator (ASDM). Methods/Statistical Analysis: The proposed tranconductor circuit uses two linearization techniques which have been combined for design improvement. A triode transistors configuration with cross coupled transistor pair is used to increase the linearity. Findings: The proposed transconductor is specially designed to act as a filter for ASDM. The topology attains a DC gain (Ao) of 25 dB, a Gain-Bandwidth Product (GBW) of 70 MHz, cut-off frequency of 4 MHz and a power consumption of 72.44 μW when used as an integrator. Application/Improvements: Transconductor is simulated in TSMC 0.18μm technology with an operating voltage 1.8 V. Simulation results shows that the power consumption of circuit is very less, which makes it suitable for low power signal processing applications.
Asynchronous Sigma-Delta Modulator (ASDM), Integrator, Linearity, Power Efficient, Transconductor.
- Roza E. Analog to digital conversion via duty –cycle modulation. IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems-II: Analog and Digital Signal Processing. 1997; 44(11):907–14.
- Kuo KC, Leuciue A. A linear MOS Transconductor using source degeneration and adaptive biasing. IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems. 2001; 48(10):937–43.
- Advances in Solid state circuit technologies. Chapter 2: Transconductor, Intech [Internet]. [cited 2010 Apr 01]. Available from:http://www.intechopen.com/books/advances-in-solid-state-circuit-technologies/transconductor.
- Bhat S, Choudhary S, Selvakumar J. Design of low voltage CMOS OTA using bulk-driven technique. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016; 9(19):1–6.
- Richard G. Delta-sigma A/D converters springer series in advance. Microelectronics; 2013. p. 39.
- Lopez-Mietin A, Carlosena A, Ramirez-Angulo J. Versatile CMOS and bicmos linear transconductor circuits. IEEE Conference on Circuits and Systems. 1999; 2(4):1024–7.
- Wei D, Garg V, Harris JG. An asynchronous delta-sigma converter implementation. IEEE International Symposium on Circuitand Systems, USA; 2006. p. 4903–6.
- Wei P, Hudson T. Performance improvement of an asynchronous sigma-delta modulator by programmable hysteresis. Proceedings of the World Congress on Engineering and Computer Science. 2009; 1:1–5.
- Krummenacher F, Joehl N. A 4-MHz CMOS continuous-time filter with on-chip automatic tuning. IEEE Journal of Solid-State Circuits. 1988; 23(3):750–8.
- Nedungadi A, Viswathan TR. Design of linear CMOS transconductance elements. IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems CAS. 1984; 31(10):891–4.
- Lim YC, Lai WH, Zhang XW, Li MF. Improved cross-coupled quad transconductor cell. Elsevier Microelectronics Journal. 2000; 31(2):77–81.
- Ouzounov S, Roza E, Johannes A, Hegt H, Weide GVD, Arthur HM, Roermund V. Analysis and design of high-performance asynchronous signma-delta molulators with binary quantizer. IEEE Journal of Solid-State Circuits. 2006; 41(3):588–96.
- Ouzounov S, Roza E, Johannes A, Hegt H, Weide GVD, Arthur HM, Roermund V. CMOS V–I Converter with 75-dB SFDR and 360µW power consumption. IEEE Journal of Solid-State Circuits. 2005; 40(7):1527–32.
- Laguna MC, Cruz-Blas DL, Torralba ARG, Carvajal C. A novel low-voltage low-power class-AB linear transconductor. Proceedings of the International Symposium on Circuits and Systems ISCAS. 2004; 4(1):725–8.
- Rezaei F, Azhari SJ. A highly linear Operational Transcoductance Amplifier (OTA) with high common mode rejection ratio. International Conference on Signal Acquisition and Processing, Iran; 2010.
- Sengupta S. Adaptively biased linear transconductor. IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems-I: Regular Papers. 2005; 52(11):2369–75.
- Razavi B. Design of analog CMOS integrated circuits. McGrawHill; 2001. p. 1.
- Deshmukh AA, Deshmukh R, Patrikar R. Low power asynchronous sigma-delta modulator using hysteresis level control. IEEE Computer Society Annual Symposium on VLSI, India; 2011. p. 353–4.
- Ng SY. A continuous-time asynchronous sigma delta analog to digital converter for broadband wireless receiver with adaptive digital calibration technique. Ph.D. Thesis, The Ohio State University; 2009.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.