Total views : 247
Performance Comparison of Frequent Pattern Mining Algorithms for Business Intelligence Analytics
Objectives: In this paper, a simple and flexible partition algorithm has been proposed to mine frequent data item sets. This partition algorithm is different from other frequent pattern mining algorithm like Apriori algorithm, AprioriAllHybrid algorithm etc. Method: Partition algorithm concept has been proposed to increase the execution speed with minimum cost. Initially only for one time the database is scanned and separate partitions will be created for each sets of itemsets, which is 1-itemset, 2-itemsets, 3-itemsets etc. Findings: The scanning of whole database is not necessary to get the count of an itemset, it is enough to get the count of each data itemsets from its partition. This partition algorithm approach is implemented and evaluated against AprioriAllHybrid and Apriori algorithm. The candidate itemsets generated at each step is reduced and the scanning time is also reduced. The proposed methodology performance is significantly better than other algorithms and it promotes the faster execution time for mining frequent patterns. Applications: This proposed algorithm is used in areas like retail sales, production, universities, finance, banking systems and for business to plan and estimate the future values.
AprioriAllHybrid, Apriori Algorithm, Data Mining, Frequent Pattern Mining, Partition.
- Sun D, Teng S, Zhang W. An algorithm to improve the effectiveness of Apriori. Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Cognitive Informatics; 2007. p. 385–90.
- Zhou H, Zhejiang. Mining accurate top-K frequent closed itemset from data stream. Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Computer Science and Electronics Engineering. 2012; p. 180–4.
- Wang F, Hua Y. An improved Apriori algorithm based on the matrix. Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on BioMedical Information Engineering. 2008. p.152–5.
- Guidan F, Shaohong Y. A frequent itemsets mining algorithm based on matrix in sliding window over data streams. Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Intelligent System Design and Engineering Applications; 2013. p. 66–9.
- Yang G, Zhao H, Wang L, Liu Y. An implementation of improved Apriori algorithm. Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Machine Learning and Cybernetics; 2009. p. 1686–9.
- Xu J, Wang Z, Hu L. Rough_Apriori algorithm and the application of an aid system of campus student major selection. Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Research Challenges in Computer Science; 2009. p. 160–3.
- Dharani S, Rabi JB, Nandakumar AN, Darly SS. Fast algorithm for discovering sequential patterns in massive datasets. Journal of Computer Science. 2011:1325–9.
- Shi Y, Zhou Y. An improved Apriori algorithm. Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Granular Computing; 2010. p. 759–62.
- Gupta A, Arora R, Sikarwar R, Saxena. Web usage mining using improved frequent pattern tree algorithms. Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on issues and Challenges in Intelligent Computing Techniques; 2014. p. 573–8.
- Jain JK, Tiwari N, Ramaiya M. Mining positive and negative association rules from frequent and infrequent pattern using improved Genetic algorithm. Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Computational Intelligence and Communication Networks; 2013. p. 516–21.
- Zhang S, Du Z, Wang JTL.New techniques for mining frequent patterns in unordered trees. IEEE Transactions on Cybernetics. 2015; 45(6):1113–25.
- Addi AM, Cadi S, Tarik A. Comparative survey of association rule mining algorithms based on multiple –criteria decision analysis approach. Proceedings of IEEE international Conference on Control, Engineering and Information Technology; 2015. p. 1–6.
- Chapter 1: Introduction – Shodhganga [Internet]. [cited 2015]. Available from: http://shodhganga.inflibnet.ac.in/bitstream/10603/42665/10.
- Hashmi AS, Ahmad T. Big data mining techniques. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Oct; 9(37):1–5.
- Jafarzadeh H, Torkashvand RR, Asgari C, Amiry A. Provide a new approach for mining fuzzy association rules using Apriori algorithm. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Apr; 8(8):127–34.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.