Total views : 241
Design of Novel Miniature E-Shape Koch Fractal Antenna for Multiband Characteristics
In this study, the new E-shape fractal multi-band antenna with Koch fractal structure is presented. Omni-directional radiation pattern and better radiation characteristics is achieved by E-shape rectangular patch. Space filling and self-affine property of Koch fractal structure is applied to achieve the compact size and multi-band characteristics. The antenna had the compact size of 44*22mm3 and antenna printed on Rogers_RO4003 with 1.2 mm thickness. The proposed E-shape Koch fractal geometry is flexible in optimizing the bandwidth and resonance. Various factors such as radiation pattern, polarization, directivity, gain and bandwidth for the proposed antenna is simulated. The proposed E-shape Koch fractal antenna resonates at 1830MHz, 2.83GHz, 5.15GHz and 7.70GHz for DCC, WiMAX, WLAN and C-band applications respectively with broad bandwidth.
E-shape Koch Fractal, Multiband, Miniature, Novel, WLAN Antenna, WiMAX Antenna.
- Chou YJ, Lin GS, Chen JF, Houng LSCMP. Design of GSM/LTE multiband application for mobile phone antennas. Electronics Letter. 2015; 51(17):1304–6.
- Ban YL, Qiang YF, Chen Z, Kang K, Guo JH. A Dual-Loop Antenna Design for Hepta-Band WWAN/LTE Metal-Rimmed Smartphone Applications. IEEE Antennas And Wireless Propagation Letters. 2015; 63(1):48–58.
- Lian R, Wang Z, Yin Y, Wu J, Song X. Design of a Low-Profile Dual-Polarized Stepped Slot Antenna Array for Base Station. IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters. 2016; 15:362–5.
- Wojciech J, Krzysztofik K. Fractal Geometry in Electromagnetics Applications - from Antenna to Metamaterials. Microwave Review. 2013; 9(2):1–12.
- Manimegalai B, Raju S, Abhaikumar V. IEEE A Multifractal Cantor Antenna for Multiband Wireless Applications. IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters. 2009; 8:359–62.
- Bayatmaku N, Lotfi P, Azarmanesh M. Member, IEEE, and Saber Soltani Design of Simple Multiband Patch Antenna for Mobile Communication Applications using New E-Shape Fractal. IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters. 2011; 10:873–5.
- Sundaram A, Maddela M, Ramadoss R. Koch-Fractal Folded-Slot Antenna Characteristics. IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters. 2007; 2(6):1–10.
- Puente C, Romeu J, Pous R, Ramis J, Hijazo A. Small but long Koch fractal monopole. Inst Elect Eng Electron Lett. 1998; 34(1):9–10.
- Borja C, Romeu J. On the behavior of Koch island fractal boundary microstrip patch antenna. IEEE Trans Antennas Propagat. 2003; 51(6):1281–91.
- Cohen N. Fractal and shaped dipoles. Commun Quart, Spring. 1996; 45(1):25–36.
- Anagnostou D, Chryssomallis MT, Lyke JC, Christodoulou CG. A CPW Koch dipole slot antenna. Proc IEEE Topical Conf Wireless Commun Technol. 2003; 337 pp.
- Puente C, Pous R. Fractal design of multiband and low side-lobe arrays. IEEE Trans Antennas Propagat. 1996; 44(5):730–9.
- Kumar AMM, Amalendu Patnaik A, Christos G, Christodoulou C. Design and Testing of a Multifrequency Antenna With a Recon Figureurable Feed. IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters. 2014; 13:730–3.
- Farswan A, Gautam AK, Kanaujia BK, Rambabu K. Design of Koch Fractal Circularly Polarized Antenna for Handheld UHF RFID Reader Applications. IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation. 2016; 64(2):771–5.
- Reddy VV, Sarma NVSN. Triband circularly polarized Koch fractal boundary microstrip antenna. IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag Lett. 2014; 13:1057–60.
- Werner DH, Ganguly S. An overview of fractal antenna engineering research. IEEE Antennas Propagat Mag. 2003; 45(1):38–57.
- Vinoy KJ. Fractal Shaped Antenna Elements for Wide and Multi-Band Wireless Applications, Ph.D. dissertation, Dep Elec Eng, Pennsylvania State University, University Park, 2002.
- Prabhu P, Elamaran E, Lenein Desai S. Design of self-similarity multifractal antenna for WiMAX applications. 2016 Apr; 9(15).
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.