Total views : 311
A Survey on Reliability in Wireless Sensor Network
Objectives: This study was conducted to identify Quality of Service parameters used in network. Different reliability types and performance metrics needed to predict reliability in wireless sensor network. Methods/Analysis: Sectoring scheme can be used for partitioning of network into different sectors. This scheme is used to improve reliability in wireless sensor network. Findings: In existing method various clustering algorithms are used for partitioning of network. Clustering consists of position of cluster head and if it far away from the sink in large network, the cluster node utilizes more energy. Therefore, for WSNs, it is especially vital to intend an algorithm to divide sensors in sectors to maximize the reliability (packet) and minimize the energy consumption apply for transformation of information from the sensor nodes to the base station i.e., sink node. Application/Improvement: Sectoring scheme is unique method used to acquire more packet delivery ratio i.e., the reliability of a sensor based network. To achieve reliability, different factors need to be considered for network review like number of sectors, angle between two sectors, packet size, node density, MAC protocols and Routing protocols.
Clustering, Reliability, Sectoring Scheme, Wireless Sensor Networks.
- Venkatesan L, Shanmugavel S, Subramaniam C. A survey on modeling and enhancing reliability of wireless sensor network. Wireless Sensor Network. 2013; 5:41–51.
- Yick J, Mukherjee B, Ghosal D. Wireless sensor network survey. Computer Networks. 2008; 52(12):2292–330.
- Reddy MS, Rao KR. Fire accident detection and prevention monitoring system using wireless sensor network enabled android application. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 May; 9(17):1–5.
- Rosa N, Maciel P, Dâmaso A. Reliability of wireless sensor networks. Open Access Journal Sensors. 2014; 14(9):15760–85.
- Wategaonkar DN, Deshpande VS. Characterization of reliability in WSN. World Congress on Information and Communication Technologies; 2012.
- Yunus F, Ismail NSS, Ariffin SHA, Shahidan A, Fisal N, Syed-Yusof SK. Proposed transport protocol for reliable data transfer in Wireless Sensor Network (WSN). 4th International Conference on Modeling, Simulation and Applied Optimization (ICMSAO); Kuala Lumpur. 2011. p. 1–7.
- Sharif A, Potdar VM, Rathnayaka AJD. Priority enabled transport layer protocol for wireless sensor network. IEEE 24th International Conference on Advanced Information Networking and Applications Workshops (WAINA); Perth, WA. 2010. p. 583–8.
- Akbari F, Yaghmaee MH. Improved Rate Controlled Reliable Transport protocol (IRCRT) for wireless sensors networks. 5th International Symposium on Telecommunications (IST); Tehran. 2010. p. 470–5.
- Krishna VVM, Anuradha T. An energy efficient power usage controlling and monitoring using wireless sensor network. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 May; 9(17):1–4.
- Mahmood MA. Reliability in wireless sensor networks a survey and challenges ahead. Computer Network. USA; 2012. p. 1–42.
- Energy-efficient and reliable transport protocols for wireless sensor networks: State-of-Art written by Ahmed Ayadi. Wireless Sensor Network. 2011; 3(3):106–13.
- Dobslaw F, Zhang T, Gidlund M. End-to-end reliability-aware scheduling for wireless sensor networks. IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics. 2016; 12(2):1–10.
- Katiyar M, Sinha HP, Gupta D. On reliability modeling in wireless sensor networks- A review. International Journal of Computer Science. 2012; 9(6):1–9.
- Thenmozhi E, Audithan S. Energy efficient cluster head selection and data convening in wireless sensor networks. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Apr; 9(15):1–6.
- Salim EL, Khediri K, Nasri N. A new approach for clustering in wireless sensors networks based on LEACH. International Workshop on Wireless Networks and Energy Saving Techniques (WNTEST); 2014. p. 1180–5.
- Adekiigbe A, Bakar KA. Implementing congestion avoidance mechanism in cluster based routing protocol for wireless mesh client networks. Wireless Personal Communications. 2015; 81(2):725–43.
- Sahoo RR, SinghM. A light weight trust based secure and energy efficient clustering in wireless sensor network: Honey bee mating intelligence approach. International Conference on Computational Intelligence: Modeling Techniques and Applications (CIMTA); 2013. p. 515–23.
- He S, Dai Y. A clustering routing protocol for energy balance of WSN based on genetic clustering algorithm. International Conference on Future Computer Supported Education; 2012. p. 788–93.
- Sung TW, Yang CS. A voronoi-based handover protocol for target tracking in distributed visual sensor networks. IJDSN. Taiwan. 2014; 1–14.
- Wategaonkar DN, Deshpande VS. MARS: Sectoring scheme to improve reliability in WSN. International Journal of Wireless Communication. 2013; 3(1):47–50.
- Wategaonkar DN, Deshpande VS. On improvement of performance for transportprotocol using sectoring scheme in WSN. International Journal of Computer Engineering and Technology (IJCET). 2013; 4(4):275–81.
- Wategaonkar DN, Deshpande VS. Sectoring approach for separation of sensor nodes in various sectors to achieve reliability. Indian Patent office, Application number USA; 2004. p. 1–5.
- Baba SKB, Rao KRRM. Improving the network life time of a wireless sensor network using the integration of progressive sleep scheduling algorithm with opportunistic routing protocol. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 May; 9(17):1–6.
- Jamal N, Ahmed AE, Kamala K. Routing techniques in wireless sensor networks: A survey. Journal IEEE Wireless Communications. 2004; 11(6):6–28.
- Fatma H, Elfouly E, Rabie A, Ramadan R, Mohamed I, Mahmoud M, Moawad I, Dessouky D. Swarm intelligence based reliable and energy balance routing algorithm. Facta University Series: Electronics and Energetic. 2016; 29(3):339–55.
- Patil U, Modi S, Suma BJ. A Survey: MAC layer protocol for wireless sensor networks. IJETAE. 2013; 3(9):205–11.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.