Total views : 241
Investigation of Bi-Max Algorithm for On-Line Purchase Recommender System using Social Networks
Objectives: Recommender systems in an E-commerce scenario, aim at improving a product’s visibility to a customer. Existing recommendation systems incorporate traditional algorithms and have not been built to consider many behavioral patterns of the user. This opens a huge scope for improvement. Methods/Statistical Analysis: The proposed research work is set to an emphasis on the user’s social network, location, history, patterns based on history (time series), relationship between users, similarity between users and similarity between the items that are in the subset of recommendations to be made. The raw data collected is first fed into a Bi-clustering algorithm called the Bi-Max. Then, Pearson’s Coefficient is used to find the degree of similarity and filter out similar users based on a set threshold. Further filtering is done based on user networks and location of the user based on their latitudinal and longitudinal data obtained. Findings: The similar product has identified based on the degree of similarity. Similar users have been filtered out from the large set of users. It is much more likely that a given user will find a product that they would be interested in. Applications/Improvements: The proposed system has been used for the online purchase of any product. The performance of the proposed system was compared with the traditional approach of K-Means algorithm and the results show increased efficiency produced the recommendation by the proposed model.
Bi-Max Algorithm, Online Purchase, Recommender System, Social Network, Time Series.
- Verbert K, Manouselis N, Ochoa X, Wolpers M, Drachsler H, Bosnic I, Duval E. Context-aware recommender systems for learning: a survey and future challenges. Learning Technologies, IEEE Transactions. 2012 Oct; 5(4):318–35.
- Hu R, Dou W, Liu J. ClubCF: A clustering-based collaborative filtering approach for big data application. Emerging topics in computing, IEEE Transactions. 2014 Sep; 2(3):302–13.
- Venu Gopalachari M, Sammulal P. Personalized collaborative filtering recommender system using domain knowledge. In Computer and Communications Technologies (ICCCT), International Conference, IEEE; 2014 Dec 11. p. 1–6.
- Ozsoy MG, Polat F, Alhajj R. Multi-objective optimization based location and social network aware recommendation. In collaborative computing: Networking, applications and work sharing (CollaborateCom), International Conference, IEEE; 2014 Oct 22. p. 233–42.
- Xhafa F, Caballé S, Barolli L, Molina A, Miho R. Using bi-clustering algorithm for analyzing online users activity in a virtual campus. In Intelligent Networking and Collaborative Systems (INCOS), 2nd International Conference, IEEE; 2010 Nov 24. p. 214–21.
- Cheng Q, Wang X, Yin D, Niu Y, Xiang X, Yang J, Shen L. The new similarity measure based on user preference models for collaborative filtering. In information and automation, IEEE International Conference; 2015 Aug 8. p. 577–82.
- Jin J, Chen Q. A trust-based Top-K recommender system using social tagging network. In Fuzzy Systems and Knowledge Discovery (FSKD), 9th International Conference, IEEE; 2012 May 29. p. 1270–74.
- Vinayak S, Sharma R, Singh R. MOVBOK: A personalized social network based cross domain recommender system. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Aug; 9(31):1–10.
- Qian F, Zhang Y, Zhang Y, Duan Z. Community-based user domain model collaborative recommendation algorithm. Tsinghua Science and Technology. 2013 Aug; 18(4):353–9.
- Qian X, Feng H, Zhao G, Mei T. Personalized recommendation combining user interest and social circle. Knowledge and data Engineering, IEEE Transactions. 2014 Jul; 26(7). p .1763–77.
- Lalwani D, Somayajulu DV, Krishna PR. A community driven social recommendation system. In Big Data (Big Data), IEEE International Conference; 2015 Oct 29. p. 821–26.
- Oechslein O, Hess T. The value of a recommendation: The role of social ties in social recommender systems. In System Sciences (HICSS). 47th Hawaii International Conference, IEEE; 2014 Jan 6. p. 1864–73.
- Jiang M, Song D, Liao L, Zhu F. A Bayesian recommender model for user rating and review profiling. Tsinghua Science and Technology. 2015 Dec; 20(6):634–43.
- Son LH. Dealing with the new user cold-start problem in recommender systems: A comparative review. Information Systems; 2014. p. 1–10.
- Jin J, Chen Q. A trust-based Top-K recommender system using social tagging network. In Fuzzy Systems and Knowledge Discovery (FSKD). 9th International Conference, IEEE; 2012 May 29. p. 1270–74..
- Prelic A, Bleuler S, Zimmermann P, Wille A, Bühlmann P, Gruissem W, Hennig L, Thiele L, Zitzler E. A systematic comparison and evaluation of biclustering methods for gene expression data. Bioinformatics. 2006 May 1; 22(9):1122–9.
- Bigdeli E, Bahmani Z. Comparing accuracy of cosine-based similarity and correlation-based similarity algorithms in tourism recommender systems. In Management of Innovation and Technology. ICMIT 2008. 4th IEEE International Conference; 2008 Sep 21. p. 469–74.
- Kopytov VV, Petrenko VI, Tebueva FB, Streblianskaia NV. An improved Brown's method applying fractal dimension to forecast the load in a computing cluster for short time series. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 May; 9(19):1–9.
- Vasimalla K, Challa N, Naik SM. Efficient dynamic time warping for time series classification. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Jun; 9(21):1–7.
- Yoon HJ, Wang BH, Lim JS. Prediction of time series microarray data using neurofuzzy networks. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Oct; 8(26):1–5.
- Devi DMR, Thambidurai P. Similarity measurement in recent biased time series databases using different clustering methods. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2014 Jan; 7(2):1–10.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.