Total views : 189
An Automated Requirement Ranking Approach for Identifying Software Requirement
Objective: This paper presents an automated requirement ranking approach for identifying software requirements, which combines the project requirements of the order of approximation calculated through learning techniques. Method: We proposed an algorithm RRA, which automatically calculates, approximate ranks for the requirements based on priority rules. Findings: The algorithm considers requirements as inputs and outputs the best suitable requirements for software development in three stages namely Pairing of requirements, Extraction of priority and Learning of Priority. The proposed algorithm is more effective compared to CBRank, especially for more number of extracted pairs. Improvement: The work can be extended to produce accurate ranks for more number of extracted requirement pairs.
Automation, Requirement Ranking Process, Software Requirement.
- Perini Anna, Susi Angelo and Avesani Paolo. A Machine Learning Approach to Software Requirements Prioritization. IEEE Transactions On Software Engineering. 2013 April; 39(4).
- Avesani P, Bazzanella C, Perini A and Susi A. Facing Scalability Issues in Requirements Prioritization with Machine Learning Techniques. Proc. 13th IEEE Int’l Conf. Requirements Eng. 2005 Sept; p. 297-306.
- Peter H, Olson D and Rodgers T. Multi-Criteria Preference Analysis for Systematic Requirements Negotiation. Proc. 26th Int’l Computer Software and Applications Conf. 2002 Aug; p. 887-92.
- Moisiadis F. Prioritising Software Requirements. Proc. Int’l Conf. Software Eng. Research and Practice. 2002 June.
- The AN and Ruhe G. Requirements Negotiation under Incompleteness and Uncertainty. Proc. 15th Int’l Conf. Software Eng. and Knowledge Eng. 2003 July; p. 586-93.
- Akao Y. Quality Function Deployment: Integrating Customer Requirements into Product Design. Productivity Press. 1990.
- Freund Y, Iyer RD, Schapire RE and Singer Y. An Efficient Boosting Algorithm for Combining Preferences. Proc. 15th Int’l Conf. Machine Learning. 1998; p. 170-78.
- Hivert F, Novelli J-C and Thibon J-Y. The Algebra of Binary Search Trees. Theoretical Computer Science. 2005; 339(1):129165.
- Leffingwell D and Widrig D. Addison-Wesley Longman Inc.: Managing Software Requirements: A Unified Approach. 2000.
- Beck K. Addison-Wesley: Extreme Programming Explained. 1999.
- Daneva M and Herrmann A. Requirements Prioritization Based on Benefit and Cost Prediction: A Method Classification Framework. Proc. 34th Euromicro Conf. Software Eng. and Advanced Applications. 2008; p. 240-47.
- Lehtola L. HUT/Department of Computer Science: Providing Value by Prioritizing Requirements Throughout Product Development: State of Practice and Suitability of Prioritization Methods. PhD thesis. 2006.
- Sivzattian S and Nuseibeh B. Linking the Selection of Requirements to Market Value: A Portfolio-Based Approach. Proc. Seventh Int’l Workshop Requirements Eng.: Foundation for Software Quality. 2001 June.
- Berander P and Andrews A. Requirements Prioritization. Springer: Eng. and Managing Software Requirements, Aurum A and Wohlin C, eds. 2005.
- Davis A. Dorset House: Just Enough Requirements Management: Where Software Development Meets Marketing. 2005.
- Siddiqi JIA and Shekaran MC. Requirements Engineering: The Emerging Wisdom. IEEE Software. 1996 Mar; 13(2) p. 15-19.
- Karlsson J, Wohlin C and Regnell B. An Evaluation of Methods for Prioritizing Software Requirements. Information and Software Technology. 1998; 39(14/15) p. 939-47.
- Wiegers KE. Microsoft Press: Software Requirements. Best Practices. 1999.
- Lauesen S. Addison Wesley: Software Requirements: Styles and Techniques. 2002.
- Finkelstein A, Harman M, Mansouri SA, Ren J and Zhang Y. A Search Based Approach to Fairness Analysis in Requirement Assignments to Aid Negotiation, Mediation and Decision Making. Requirements Eng. 2009; 14(4):231-45.
- Herrmann A and Daneva M. Requirements Prioritization Based on Benefit and Cost Prediction: An Agenda for Future Research. Proc. IEEE 16th Int’l Conf. Requirements Eng. 2008; p. 125-34.
- Maheshwari V, Prasanna M. Generation of Test Case using Automation in Software Systems - A Review. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Dec; 8(35). DOI: 10.17485/ijst/2015/v8i35/72881.
- Singh Rajesh, Kuchhal Piyush, Gehlot Anita, Choudhury Sushabhan. Design and Implementation of Energy Efficient Home Automation System. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Feb; 9(6). DOI: 10.17485/ijst/2016/v9i6/84141.
- Alshareet OM. An Empirical Study to Develop a Decision Support System (DSS) for Measuring the Impact of Quality Measurements over Agile Software Development (ASD). Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 July; 8(15). DOI: 10.17485/ijst/2015/v8i15/70774.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.