Total views : 421
Adaptive Data Mining Approach for PCB Defect Detection and Classification
Objective: To develop a model for PCB defect detection and classification with the help of soft computing technique. Methodology: To improve the performance of the prediction and classification we propose a hybrid approach for feature reduction and classification. The proposed approach is divided into three main stages: (i) data pre-processing (ii) feature selection and reduction and (iii) Classification. In this approach, pre-processing, feature selection and reduction is carried out by measuring of confidence with the adaptive genetic algorithm. Prediction and classification is carried out by using neural network classifier. A genetic algorithm is used for data preprocessing to achieve the feature reduction and confidence measurement. Findings: The system is implemented using MatLab 2013b. The resulting analysis shows that the proposed approach is capable of detecting and classifying defects in PCB board.
Classification, Data Mining, Feature Selection, PCB Defect.
- De La Calle FJ, Bulnes FG, Garcia DF, Usamentiaga R, Molleda JA. Parallel genetic algorithm for configuring defect detection methods. In IEEE Latin America Transactions. 2015 May; 13(5):1462–8.
- Cheung DW, Lee SD, Xiao Y. Effect of data skewness and workload balance in parallel data mining. In IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering. 2002 May; 14(3):498–514.
- Frawley W, Piatetsky-Shapiro G, Maktheus CW. Knowledge discovery in databases: an overview. AI Magazine. 1992; 13(3):213–38.
- Wang C. Separation of composite defect patterns on wafer bin map using support vector clustering. Expert System Application. 2009 Mar; 36(2):2554–61.
- Hu X-F, Zhao Z, Wang S, Wang F-L, He D-K, Wu S-K. Multi-stage extreme learning machine for fault diagnosis on hydraulic tube tester. 2008 Aug; 17(4):399–403.
- Chien C, Wang W, Cheng J. Data mining for yield enhancement in semiconductor manufacturing and an empirical study. Expert Syst Appl. 2007 Jul; 33(1):192–8.
- Sun W, Chen J, Li J. Decision tree and PCA-based fault diagnosis of rotating machinery. Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing. 2007 Apr; 21(3):1300–17.
- Hsu SC, Chien CF. Hybrid data mining approach for pattern extraction from wafer bin map to improve yield in semiconductor manufacturing. International Journal of Production Economics. 2007 May; 107(1):88–103.
- Tseng TLB, Kwon Y, Ertekin YM. Feature-based rule induction in machining operation using rough set theory for quality assurance. Robotics and Computer-Integrated Manufacturing. 2005 Dec; 21(6):559–67.
- Baykasoglu A, Dereli T, Tanis S. Prediction of cement strength using soft computing techniques. Cement and Concrete Research. 2004 Nov; 34(11):2083–90.
- Baykasoglu A, Cevik A, Ozbakir L, Kulluk S. Generating prediction rules for liquefaction through data mining. Expert Systems with Applications. 2009 Dec; 36(10):12491–9.
- Harding JA, Shahbaz MM, Srinivas, Kusiak AA. Data Mining in Manufacturing: A Review. ASME J Manuf Sci Eng. 2005; 128(4):969–76.
- Turian J, Ratinov L, Bengio Y. Word representations: a simple and general method for semi-supervised learning. In Proceedings of the 48th Annual Meeting of the Association for Computational Linguistics. Association for Computational Linguistics. 2010 Jul; 384–94.
- Venkat, Siva Rao PV, Singh AK, Srikrishna, Ranganath. Vibration Analysis of Printed Circuit Board Plate with Varying Boundary Conditions. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Aug; 9(34):1–3.
- George GVS, Raj VC. Accurate and Stable Feature Selection Powered by Iterative Backward Selection and Cumulative Ranking Score of Features. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Jun; 8(11):1–6.
- Devi KS, Ravi R. A New Feature Selection Algorithm for Efficient Spam Filtering using Adaboost and Hashing Techniques. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Jul; 8(13):1–8.
- Priyadharshini G, Sarojini B. Comparative Study on the Performance of MMIFS and DMIFS Feature Selection Algorithms on Medical Datasets. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Dec; 8(35):1–5.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.