Total views : 200
Low Power, High speed, Low leakage Floating Gate SRAM Cell using LECTOR Technique
Objective: Leakage power is the major concern of circuit designers in nano meter technology era. The objective of this work is to design a low leakage power floating gate MOS static random access memory. Methods/Statistical Analysis: The proposed design has been made using Floating Gate MOS (FGMOS) and Leakage Control Transistor (LECTOR) technique. FGMOS has been used in place of normal MOS on the conventional SRAM cell. In the LECTOR an NMOS transistor is incorporated between output and pull down the network and a PMOS transitor is incorporated between output and pull up a network. Findings: The SRAM cell has been designed and simulated in Cadence environment on 45 nm gpdk standard CMOS process technology. From the simulation results, it is found that LECTOR FGSRAM cell reduces 90.53% leakage power, 12% delay and 33.20% overall power consumption when compared to FGSRAM cell. A detailed comparison between FGSRAM cell and LECTOR FGSRAM cell performances has been reported during WRITE operation mode. Application/Improvements: It is found that hybrid technique should be added along with LECTOR to improve the parameters.
Floating Gate SRAM, High Speed, Hybrid Techniques, LECTOR, Low Leakage Power.
- Rodriguez-Villegas E, Barnes H. Solution to trapped charge in FGMOS transistors, IEEE Electronics Letters. 2003; 39(19):1416–7.
- Uyemura, JP. CMOS logic circuit design. US: Springer International Edition; 2002.
- Weste NHE, Harris D, Banerjee A. CMOS VLSI design: A circuits and systems perspective. London: Pearson Publication; 2013.
- Kang S-M, Leblebici Y. CMOS digital integrated circuits: Analysis and designtata. 3rd ed. New York: McGraw Hill; 2012.
- Paradhasaradhi D, Priya KS, Sabarish K, Harish P, Narasimharao GV. Study and analysis of CMOS carry look ahead adder with leakage power reduction approaches. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016; 9(17):1–8.
- Bhattacharjee P, Moganti GLK, Mandal SK. High speed-low leakage-multi threshold 45 nm floating gated SRAM. IJERA. 2013; 3(3):642–5.
- Inoue T, Nakane H, Fukuju Y, Sanchez-Sinencio E. A design of a low-voltage current-mode fully-differential analog CMOS integrator using FG-MOSFETs and its implementation. Analog Integrated Circuits and Signal Processing. 2002; 32:249–56.
- Hanchate N, Ranganathan N. LECTOR: A technique for leakage reduction in CMOS circuits. IEEE Transactions on Very Large Scale Integration (VLSI) Systems. 2004; 12(2):196–205.
- Singhal S, Gaur N, Mehra A, Kumar P. Analysis and comparison of leakage power reduction techniques in CMOS circuits. 2nd IEEE International Conference on Signal Processing and Integrated Networks (SPIN); 2015.p. 936–44.
- Rajput DS, Johri PY, Rajput AS. SNM analysis during read operation of 7T SRAM cells in 45 nm technology for increase cell stability. IJERA. 2012; 2(4):2112–7.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.