Total views : 493
Microcontroller Based Multihead Weigher
Objectives: This paper aims at designing a system of 5 hoppers where sum of weights is calculated for each combination of 3 of 5 hoppers. When any sum equals target weight then hoppers responsible for that sum will be drained to the packaging system. Methods: A multi-head weigher is a weighing machine which is fast, accurate and reliable. It is used for packing both food and nonfood products. The multihead weigher continuously feeds product into array of weigh hoppers. The computer system determines which combination of hoppers is matching most closely to the target weight. Then these hoppers release their contents into the packaging machine. Findings: Industrial grade microcontroller is used for the decision purpose. The results shows the feasibility of using multihead weigher for fast and accurate packaging operations. Applications/Improvements: The proposed technique is useful in the parallel weighing machines. It has wide applications in the packaging systems.
Hopper, Microcontroller, Multi-head Weigher, Packaging System.
- Clark NM. Multi-head weighting apparatus. EP 2700914 A1, 2014.
- Ishida History Web Page. http://ishida.com/company/history.html. Accessed 10/2014.
- Ishida Europe Packaging. http://www.copybook.com/packaging/ ishida-europe-ltd. Accessed 12/10/2014.
- Ishida Product Description. http://www.ishidaeurope.com/ our-products/multi_head_weighers. Accessed 17/10/2014.
- Clark NM. Ishida Europe Limited. Weighing apparatus, 2013 Jul.
- Zecchin P. A guide to dynamic weighing for industry. Measurement and Control. 2005 Jul; 38(6):173-174.
- Gesuita Enzo, Francesco Gusson. Control system for multihead weigher, 2003 May .
- Naito Kazufumi, Setsuo Haze, Hideo Nobutugu, Yukio Nakagawa, Seiji Yamada, Shuji Murata. Combination weighing system and method, 1987 Sep.
- Kawanishi Shozo, Hiroshi Higuchi. Weighing system, 1999 Nov.
- Gesuita Enzo, Francesco Gusson. Electric power and communications signal distribution unit, particularly for heads of combination weighers, 2004 Dec.
- Burkart Ralf. Weighing cell with a receiving holder, 2011 Dec.
- Bucher C. Aaron Skidmore, Douglas Bliss, Markus Uster, Multiple force-measuring device, force-measuring module, and method for monitoring a condition of the multiple force-measuring device, 2014 Feb.
- Nielsen, Ulrich Carlin. Method and apparatus for use in a food packaging system, 2013 Apr.
- Nagai Takayuki. Actuator mount for a combination weigher. 2016 Jan.
- Pulido-Rojano A, Garcia-Diaz JC, Giner-Bosch V. A multi-objective approach for optimization of the multihead weighing process. IEEE International Conference on Industrial Engineering and Systems Management (IESM); 2015 Oct. p. 426-434.
- Beretta A, Semeraro Q. On a RSM Approach to the Multihead Weigher Configuration. 11th American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) Biennial Conference on Engineering Systems Design and Analysis; 2012 Jul. p. 225-233.
- Boschetti G, Caracciolo R, Richiedei D, Trevisani A. Multi-accelerometer-based method for environmental vibration compensation in load cell measurements. IEEE International Conference on Mechatronics (ICM); 2013 Feb –Mar. p. 162-167.
- Halimic M, Balachandran W. Kalman filter for dynamic weighing system. ISIE’95. Proceedings of the IEEE International Symposium on Industrial Electronics; 1995 Jul, 2; p. 786-791.
- Tamai Yutaka, Toru Hiratsuka, Mikio Kishikawa, Toshikazu Shotsu, Hideshi Miyamoto. Combination weighing device initialization, 2015 Nov.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.