Total views : 284
Differential Voltage Current Conveyor Based One-Shot Pulse Generator Circuit Implementation
Background/Objectives: To design and analysis of One-shot pulse Generator Circuit, which is composed of only one Differential Voltage Current Conveyor (DVCC) as the active element. Methods/Statistical Analysis: Two application circuits utilizing the DVCC are introduced and implemented. The first one is a general one-shot pulse generating circuit. The second design can reduce the recovery time after applying triggered signals. Is-Spice is the simulation software to simulate every model. Commercially available ICs AD844AN and passive elements are required for circuit implementation. Findings: The effectivity of the projected circuits is examined as programme and experimental outputs satisfy theoretical results. Simulated and measured waveforms of Vtrg, Vo, and VC for two projected models with T = 1 ms are shown and it is clearly observed, that even the design parameters are same; the second proposed circuit is able to reduce the recovery time. The measurements show that recovery time Tr is 281 μs for the first proposed model, and Tr is 21.3 μs for the second proposed model. Applications/Improvements: The projected models provide new applications for the DVCC based systems. They have wide applications in the instrumentation, measurement, and communication systems and phase-locked loop circuits.
Differential Voltage Current Conveyor, One-Shot Pulse Generator, Parasitic Effects, Positive-Edge Trigger, Recovery Time.
- Jacob JM. Analog Integrated Circuit Applications. 3rd edn. Prentice-Hall: New Jersey, 2000.
- Giuseppe F, Nicola CG. Low-Voltage Low-Power CMOS Current Conveyor. 2nd edn. Kluwer Press: UK, 2003.
- Sedra AS, Smith KC. Microelectronic Circuits. 5th edn. Oxford University Press: New York, 1989.
- Tuwanut P, Koseeyaporn J, Wardkein P. A novel monostable multivibrator circuit. IEEE Tencon. 2005; 3(2):1–4.
- Lo YK, Chien HC. Current-mode monostable multivibrators using OTRAs. IEEE Trans Circuits Syst II. 2006 Jun; 53(11):1274–8.
- Lo YK, Chien HC. Single OTRA-based current-mode monostable multivibrator with two triggering modes and a reduced recovery time. IET Proc -Circuits Devices Syst. 2007; 1(3):257–61.
- Pal K. Modified current conveyors and their applications. Microelectronics J. 1989 Aug; 20(3):37–40.
- Lo YK, Chien HC, Chiu HJ. Tunable waveform generators using single dual current output OTAs. Journal of Circuits System and Computers. 2008 Dec; 17(6):1193–202.
- Lo YK, Chien HC. Current-controllable monostable multivibrator with retriggerable function. Microelectronics Journal. 2009 Aug; 40(8):1184–91.
- AD844 - Analog Devices Available from: http://www.analog.com / media/ en/technical.../datasheets/AD844.pdf. Date accessed: 10/02/2015.
- Khan AA, Bimal S, Dey KK, Roy SS. A simple methodology for sinusoidal oscillator design based on simulation of differential equation using AD844 configured as second-generation current conveyor. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2010 Jun; 3(6):684–6.
- Riju B, Sreevidya P, Smitha K. Compression and Comparison of ECG Signals using DWT and DWPT. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Sep; 8(24):110–21.
- Praveena R, Nirmala S. Realization of Efficient Multiplier for Low Power Biomedical Signal Processing System-on-Chip Design for Portable ECG Monitoring Systems. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Sep; 8(24):1–7.
- Roy R, Venkatasubramanian K. EKG/ECG based Driver Alert System for Long Haul Drive. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Aug; 8(19):1–6.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.