Total views : 332
A Real Time Image Processing Based System to Scaring the Birds from the Agricultural Field
Objective: This paper discusses about the development of hardware system which can be used to chase the birds from the farm by using an embedded technology. Methods: The system is able to detect and track the pest birds from the real time video frame using Kalman filter. The Kalman filter is a predictive filter, that dependent on space techniques and recursive algorithms using image processing tools in Matlab environment. The various states of operation of a dynamic system are estimated using this algorithm. Applications/Improvements: The proposed system has been simulated in Matlab. It can be extended to a complete the bird frightening system by incorporating the video processing algorithm with hardware such as camera, linux based embedded board and ultrasound generator. The video obtained from the camera is processed using the ARM7 Raspberry Pi board based on linux OS. This system detects the birds from the video and a high frequency ultrasound is generated and directed towards the pest birds to drive them away from the farm.
Kalman Filter, Linux Based Embedded Board, Ultrasound Generator.
- Pornpanomchai C, Homnan M, Pramuksan N, Rakyindee W. Smart scarecrow. ICMTMA ‘11 Proceedings of the 2011 Third International Conference on Measuring Technology and Mechatronics Automation. 2011. p. 294–7.
- Yang K, Cai Z, Zhao L. Algorithm research on moving object detection of surveillance video sequence. Proceeding Optics and Photonics Journal. 2013; 3:308–12.
- Marsh RE, Erickson WA, Salmon TP. Scarecrows and predator models for frightening birds from specific area. Proceeding 15th Vertebrate Pest Conferences Published at University of Nebraska – Lincoln. 1992. p.1–4.
- Bahrambeigy B, Ahmadi M, Ahmadi M. Bloom-Bird: a Scalable Open Source Router Based on Bloom Filter. Proceeding of 22nd Iranian Conference on Electrical Engineering. 2014 May. p. 980–5.
- Fuller-Perrine LD, Tobin ME. A method for applying and removing bird exclusion netting in commercial vineyards. Proceeding of International Conference on Wildlife Society. 1993; 21(1):47–51.
- Shakeri M, Zhang H. Real-Time bird detection based on background subtraction. 2012 10th World Congress on Intelligent Control and Automation (WCICA). 2012 Jul; 4507–10.
- Zhao H, Sha J, Zhao Y, Xi J, Cui J, Zha H, Shibasaki R. Detection and tracking of moving objects at intersections using a network of laser scanners. IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems. 2012 Jun; 13(2):655–70.
- Somers CM, Morris RD. Birds and wine grapes: foraging activity causes small scale damage patterns in single vineyards. Journal of Applied Ecology. 2002 Jun; 39(3):1–13.
- Hussien HM. Detection and tracking system of moving objects based on MATLAB. International Journal of Engineering Research and Technology (IJERT). 2014 Oct; 3(10):1–9.
- Computer vision and pattern recognition (CVPR), Available from: http://cvpr2016.thecvf.com/ Date Accessed: 26/06/2016.
- Coggins KM, Pricipe J. Detection and classification of insect sounds in a grain silo using a neural network , Proceeding the IEEE World Congress on Computational Intelligence and The IEEE International Joint Conference on Neural Networks. 1998 May; 3. p. 1760–5.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.