Total views : 199
WLAN Frequency Notched Printed Microstrip Antenna with S Shaped Slot and Dielectric Resonant Material
Objective: This paper suggests a small microstrip antenna with WLAN frequency rejection properties to avoid interference between UWB systems. Methods/Analysis: At initial stage the dimension of suggested antenna are calculated by the available formulae in the literature and then is simulated by HFSS which is based on FEM to get optimized dimensions. The features of the manufactured antenna are checked with E5071C vector network analyser and compared with software generated results for validation. Findings: This antenna comprises of “S” shaped slot etched on the patch of FR4 substrate on front side and ground is having steps on rear. Top and bottom of the substrate is covered with a dielectric material (Teflon) of different dimensions. By proper selection of dimensions of patch and positions of slot on the radiating patch, the broadband property and frequency notching is achieved. The bandwidth of the suggested antenna is found to be 88.7% with operating frequency band from 4.26 GHz to 11.06 GHz and frequency notching range 4.85-5.97 GHz is obtained. It is shown that the shifting of rejected frequency can be observed by altering the size and type of dielectric resonant material. The suggested antenna has a small size of 12 x 18 x 6.6 mm3 and discloses a maximum gain of 4.99 dB. Applications: The suggested antenna can be used to avoid the intervention between UWB systems and other existing systems in the operating frequency range 5-6 GHz.
Dielectric Resonant Material, Frequency Notch, Microstrip Feed, Patch Antenna, “S” Shaped Slot.
- Garg R, Bhartia P, Bahl I, Ittipiboon A. Microstrip antenna design handbook. Norwood: Artech House; 2001.
- Ahmed O, Sebak AR. A printed monopole antenna with two steps and a circular slot for UWB applications. IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters. 2008; 7:411–3.
- Xiang X, Deng HW. New band-notched UWB antenna. Journal of Shanghai University (English Edition). 2009 Apr; 13(2):142–5.
- Ojaroudi M, Yazdanifard Sh, Ojaroudi N, Sadeghzadeh RA. Band-notched small square-ring antenna with a pair of T-shaped strips protruded inside the square ring for UWB applications. IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters. 2011; 10:227–30.
- Ellis MS, Zhao Z, Wu J, Nie Z, Liu QH. A novel miniature band-notched wing-shaped monopole ultra wideband antenna. IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters. 2013; 12:1614–7.
- Sudhakar A, Satyanarayana M, Prakash MS, Sharma SK. Single band frequency notched square monopole UWB antenna with extended stepped side inverted U slot. International Journal of Microwave and Optical Technology. 2015 Sep; 10(5):301–6.
- Chen HM, Wang YK, Lin YF, Lin SC, Pan SC. A compact dual-band Dielectric Resonator Antenna using a parasitic slot. IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters. 2009; 8:173–6.
- Chang TH, Kiang JF. Dual band split Dielectric Resonator Antenna. IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters. 2007 Nov; 55(11):3155–62.
- Ryu KS, Kishk AA. Ultra wideband Dielectric Resonator Antenna with broadside patterns mounted on a vertical ground plane edge. IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters. 2010 Apr; 58(4):1047–53.
- Zou M, Pan J, Nie Z. A wideband circularly polarized rectangular Dielectric Resonator Antenna excited by an archimedean spiral slot. IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters. 2015; 14:446–9.
- Fakhte S, Oraizi H, Karimian R, Fakhte R. A new wideband circularly polarized stair-shaped Dielectric Resonator Antenna. IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters. 2015 Apr; 63(4):1828–32.
- Sudhakar A, Satyanarayana M, Prakash MS, Sharma SK. Frequency notched UWB printed monopole antenna with protruding strips inside rectangular slot. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Nov; 8(29):1–6.
- Ansoft High Frequency Structure Simulation (HFSS) ver. 13. Ansoft Corp; 2010.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.