Total views : 190
Moving Object Detection under Various Illumination Conditions for PTZ Cameras
Video surveillance has become an increasing research field now a day. The fundamental step in video surveillance is the Moving object detection. Most of the works focused on background modeling in PTZ camera but still lacking under different positions and various illumination conditions. While the camera is on pan and sudden zoom, the pixel intensity of each position may vary and it cannot adapt the motions when the target is faraway or closer. This issues cause major problem in Background Modeling (BM). Objectives: To solve this problem a texture based method adapted to handle grey-scale variation, rotation variation and various illumination conditions of the moving objects. Methodology/Analysis: Modified version of LBP, that combines the advantages of LBP and SIFT descriptor known as eXtended Centre Symmetric Local Binary Patterns XCS-LBP. Finally GMM (Gaussian Mixture Model) is used for segmenting the foreground Extraction by the XCS-LBP descriptor with similarity measure. Findings: Experimental result shows that the proposed method is robust to obtain foreground extraction with outstanding performance under various lighting conditions. Applications/Improvements: In this paper, proposed method can be used in variety of applications such as detection of objects under some climatic conditions like fog, smoke, dew, snow falling areas. Further improvements are made to remove shadows.
Background Modeling, PTZ Camera, Segmentation.
- Barnich O, Van Droogenbroeck M. ViBe: A universal background subtraction algorithm for video sequences. IEEE Transactions on Image Processing. 2011 Jun; 20(6):1709-24.
- Liu N, Wu H, Lin L. Hierarchical ensemble of background models for PTZ-based video surveillance. IEEE Transactions on Cybernetics. 2015 Jan; 45(1):89-102.
- Kanga S, Paikab J, Koschana A, Abidia BAMA. Real-time video tracking using PTZ cameras. Proceedings of SPIE; 2003 May. p. 103-11.
- Ferone A, Maddalena L. Neural background subtraction for pan-tilt-zoom cameras. IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man and Cybernetics: Systems. 2014 May; 44(5):571–9.
- Stauffer GWEL. Adaptive background mixture models for real-time tracking. Proceedings of IEEE Conference CVPR; Fort Collins, CO, USA. 1999.
- Kaew TKPP, Bowden R. An improved adaptive background mixture model for real-time tracking with shadow detection. Proceedings of 2nd European Workshop AVBS; 2001 Sep. p. 1–5.
- Zivkovic Z. Improved adaptive Gaussian mixture model for background subtraction. Proceedings of IEEE ICPR; Washington, DC, USA. 2004 Aug. p. 28–31.
- Elgammal DR, Harwood D, Davis LS. Background and foreground modeling using non-parametric Kernel density estimation for visual surveillance. Proceedings of IEEE. 2002 Jul; 90(7):1151–63.
- Kim K, Chalidabhongse T, Harwood D, Davis L. Real-time foreground-background segmentation using codebook model. Real-Time Imaging. 2005 Jun; 11(3):172–85.
- Li L, Huang W, Gu I, Tian Q. Foreground object detection from videos containing complex background. Proceedings of 11th ACM International Conference in Multimedia; Berkeley, CA, USA. 2003 Nov. p. 2–10.
- Heikkila M, Pietikainen M. A texture-based method for modeling the background and detecting moving objects. IEEE Transaction on Pattern Analysis Machine Intelligence. 2006 Apr; 28(4):657–62.
- Liao S, Zhao G, Kellokumpu V, Pietikainen M, Li SZ. Modeling pixel process with scale invariant local patterns for background subtraction in complex scenes. Proceedings of IEEE Conference CVPR; San Francisco, CA, USA. 2010 Jun. p. 1301–6.
- Kang S, Paik J, Koschan A, Abidi B, Abidi MA. Real-time video tracking using PTZ cameras. Proceedings of International Conference on QCAV; 2003 May. p. 103–11.
- Wu S, Zhao T, Broaddus C, Yang C, Aggarwal M. Robust pan, tilt and zoom estimation for PTZ camera by using meta data and/or frame-to-frame correspondences. Proceedings of ICARCV; Singapore. 2006 Dec. p. 1–7.
- Solehah S, Yaakob SN, Kadim Z, Woon HH. Moving object extraction in PTZ camera using the integration of background subtraction and local histogram processing. International Symposium on Computer Applications and Industrial Electronics (ISCAIE); 2012 Dec. p. 167–72.
- Wu Z, Radke RJ. Using scene features to improve wide-area video surveillance. IEEE Computer Society Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition Workshops (CVPRW); 2012 Jun. p. 50–7.
- Xie Y, Lin L, Jia Y. Tracking objects with adaptive feature patches for PTZ camera visual surveillance. International Conference on Pattern Recognition; 2010 Aug. p. 1739–42.
- Bevilacqua SLD, Azzari P. An effective real-time mosaicing algorithm apt to detect motion through background subtraction using a PTZ camera. Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on AVSS; 2005 Sep. p. 511–6.
- Sinha SN, Pollefeys M. Pan-tilt-zoom camera calibration and high-resolution mosaic generation. Computer Visual Image Understanding. 2006 Sep; 103(3):170–83.
- Doyle DD, Jennings AL, Jonathan T. Black, optical flow background estimation for real-time pan/tilt camera object tracking. Elesvier Measurement. 2014 Feb; 48:195–207.
- Jung YK, Lee KW, Ho YS. Feature-based object tracking with an active camera. Proceedings of IEEE Pacific Rim Conference in Multimedia: Advances in Multimedia Information Processing; 2002 Dec. p. 137–44.
- Varcheie P, Bilodeau GA. Adaptive fuzzy particle filter tracker for a PTZ camera in an IP surveillance system. IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation Measurements. 2011 Feb; 60(2):354–71.
- Ferone A, Maddalena L. Neural background subtraction for pan-tilt-zoom cameras. IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man and Cybernetics: Systems. 2013 Sep; 44(5):571–9.
- Ojala T, Pietikainen M, Maenpaa T. Multi-resolution gray-scale and rotation invariant texture classification with local binary patterns. IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence. 2002 Jul; 24(7):971–87.
- Richards J, Jia X. Local binary patterns: New variants and applications. Studies in Computational Intelligence. 2014; 506.
- Heikkila M, Pietikainen M, Schmid C. Description of interest regions with local binary patterns. Pattern Recognition. 2009 Mar; 42(3):425–36.
- Silva C, Bouwmans T, Frelicot C. An eXtended center-symmetric local binary pattern for background modeling and subtraction in videos. International Joint Conference on Computer Vision, Imaging and Computer Graphics Theory and Applications; 2015 Nov. p. 1-9.
- Qia M, Daia J, Zhanga Q, Konga J. Cascaded cast shadow detection method in surveillance scenes. 2014 Feb; 125(3):1396–400.
- Subramanya SR, Patel H, Ersoy I. Performance evaluation of block-based motion estimation algorithms and distortion measures. Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Information Technology, Coding and Computing; 2004 Apr 2. p. 2-7.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.