Total views : 289
Efficiency Improvement in Wireless Sensor Networks using ABC Algorithm for Cluster-based Packet Forwarding
Background/Objectives: The Particle Swarm Optimization (PSO) uses the sleeping mechanism that provided energy optimization in Wireless Sensor Networks (WSN), but failed to provide better energy efficiency. Methods/Analysis: This paper proposes an Artificial Bee Colony (ABC) Algorithm, to improve the energy efficiency of WSN by proper Cluster Head (CH) selection. The proposed algorithm helps to form a cluster in a network, in which the nodes are randomly deployed. Findings: The selection of CHs is based on the energy of each node which is communicated using ABC algorithm. The energy and time involved in the CH search mechanism are much minimal than the time and energy consumed by PSO algorithm. Thus, the overall network lifetime is enhanced by generating more alive nodes. Novelty/Improvement: The performance of the proposed system is validated in terms of Packet delay Ratio (PDR), Throughput and the lifetime of the WSN.
Artificial Bee Colony (ABC) Algorithm, Cluster Head Selection, Packet Delay Ratio (PDR), Throughput, Improved Lifetime, Wireless Sensor Networks (WSN).
- Didioui A. Energy-aware transceiver for energy harvesting wireless sensor networks. Hal Archives- ouvertes. 2015 Mar; 1–160.
- Meng J, Zhang X, Dong Y, Lin X. Adaptive energy harvesting aware clustering routing protocol for wireless sensor networks. 7th International ICST Conference on Communications and Networking in China (CHINACOM). 2012 Aug. p. 742–7.
- Younis O, Fahmy S. HEED: a hybrid, energy-efficient, distributed clustering approach for ad hoc sensor networks. IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing. 2004 Oct –Dec; 3(4):366–79.
- Zhang P, Xiao G, Tan H-P. Clustering algorithms for maximizing the lifetime of wireless sensor networks with energyharvesting sensors. Computer Networks. 2013 Oct; 57(14):2689–704.
- Ho CK, Zhang R. Optimal energy allocation for wireless communications with energy harvesting constraints. IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing. 2012 Sep; 60(9):4808– 18.
- Wang J, Zhang Y, Wang J, Ma Y, Chen M. PWDGR: pairwise directional geographical routing based on wireless sensor network, IEEE Internet of Things Journal, 2015 Feb , 2 (1) , pp. 14-22 .
- Qu Y, Xu K, Liu J, Chen W. Toward a Practical Energy Conservation Mechanism with Assistance of Resourceful Mules. IEEE Internet of Things Journal. 2015 Apr; 2(2):145–58.
- Zhu C, Yang LT, Shu L, Leung V, Rodrigues JJ, Wang L. Sleep scheduling for geographic routing in duty-cycled mobile sensor networks. IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics. 2014 Nov; 61(11):6346–55.
- Gunduz D, Stamatiou K, Michelusi N, Zorzi M. Designing intelligent energy harvesting communication systems. IEEE Communications Magazine. 2014 Jan; 52(1):210–6.
- Peng S, Low CP. Throughput optimal energy neutral management for energy harvesting wireless sensor networks. IEEE Wireless Communications and Networking Conference (WCNC). 2012 Apr. p. 2347–51.
- Gaxiola F, Melin P, Valdez F, Castillo O. Interval type-2 fuzzy weight adjustment for back propagation neural networks with application in time series prediction. Information Sciences. 2014 Mar; 260:1–14.
- Du T, Qu S, Liu F, Wang Q. An energy efficiency semi-static routing algorithm for WSNs based on HAC clustering method. Information Fusion. 2015 Jan; 2:18–29.
- Munusamy K, Parvathi RMS, Chandra Mohan K. Least Power Adaptive Hierarchy Cluster Framework for Wireless Sensor Network using Frequency Division Multiplexing Channelization. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Feb; 9(6):1–10.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.