Total views : 311
Dynamic Modelling and Control Design for a Vehicle in its Longitudinal Motion
Background/Objectives: The purpose of developing a model based control study is to understand the longitudinal dynamics in detail. This paper develops mathematical model of longitudinal dynamics of the vehicle and develops a suitable control methodology to have a reliable safe system. Methods/Statistical Analysis: Here the longitudinal dynamics of the system is modeled using white box modeling and suitable PID control algorithm is developed to have a stable dynamics of the systems. To develop the required model Physical laws of equations are used. Findings: For a tuned PID controller, the system stayed within the set point of acceleration and the change in throttle has not affected the system's velocity and acceleration. Applications/Improvements: This model can be imparted in the driverless car models for complete analysis. Modern control methodologies can be developed for the developed model to have a better performance.
Longitudinal Dynamics, Longitudinal Motion, Mathematical Model, Physical Laws of Equations, PID Control, White Box Modeling.
- Emiliano J, Dias A, Pereira GAS. Longitudinal model identification and velocity control of an autonomous car. IEEE Trans Intelligent Transportation System. 2015 Apr; 16(2):776-86.
- Osman K, Rahmat MF, Ahmad MA. Modeling and controller design for a cruise control system. IEEE International Colloquium on Signal Processing and Its Application. 2009 Mar; p. 254-8.
- Frank AA, Liu SJ, Liang SC. Longitudinal control concepts for automated automobiles and trucks operating on a cooperative highway. Society of Automotive Engineers Technical Paper Series.1989 Aug.
- Sheikholeslam S, Charles A. Desoer in-direct adaptive control of a class of interconnected nonlinear dynamics system. International Journal of Control. 1993; 57: p. 743-65.
- Hatipoglu C, Ozguner U, Sommer ville M. Longitudinal headway control of autonomous vehicles. IEEE International Conference on Control Application; 1996 Sep. p. 721-6.
- Rajamani R. Vehicle Dynamics and Control. 2nd ed. Minneapolis, MN, USA: Springer-Verlag; 2012.
- Short M, Pont MJ, Huang Q. Safety and Reliability of Distributed Embedded System: Simulation of Vehicle Longitudinal Dynamics. 2004 Oct. p. 1-21.
- Shakouri P, Ordys A, Askari M, Lajla DS. Longitudinal vehicle dynamics using Simulink/matlab. UKACCInternational Conference on Control; 2010 Sep. p. 1-6.
- McMahon DH, Hedrick JK, Shladover SE. Vehicle modeling and control for automated highway system. IEEE American Control Conference; 2002. p. 297-303.
- Yi K, Chung J. Nonlinear brake control for vehicle CW/ CA systems. IEEE/ASME Trans Mechatronics. 2001 Mar; 6(1):17-25.
- Mittal P, Sing Y. Development of intelligent transportation system for improving average moving and waiting time with artificial intelligence. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Jan; 9(3):1-7.
- Prem JKM, Gopalakrishnan SJ, Satheesh B, Anbazhagan R. Computer modeling of a vehicle system. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2013 May; 6(5S):4620-8.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.