Total views : 316
Objective: This paper is a proposal for a prototype of an agricultural based robot capable of performing various farming activities like ploughing the field, sowing seeds, spraying fertilizers and shoving soil over the seeds. Method/Statistical Analysis: This autonomous robot has the capability of processing and monitoring field operations. Its operation is controlled using a PIC16F877A microcontroller. The robot is fed with inputs like field dimensions, spacing between the seeds and the tasks are performed accordingly. The alerts for shortage of seeds can be triggered by using tuning fork level switch. Findings: This model of the agricultural robot is cost effective and user friendly. The entire mechanical model has been created in AUTO CAD and verified. Further the electronics involved in the working of the robot has been simulated using PROTEUS. Applications/Improvements: The agrobot promises a future with maximum food productivity to meet the demand of growing population.
Automation, Fertilize, Plough, PIC16F877A, Sow.
- Abraham A, Girish M, Vitala HR, Praveen MP. Design of harvesting mechanism for Advanced Remote-Controlled Coconut Harvesting Robot (A.R.C.H-1). Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2014 Oct; 7(10):1465–70.
- Watanabe T. A duck robot for weeding work on the paddy field. Proceedings of 1st IEEE Technical Exhibition based Conference on Robotics and Automation; Japan. 2004 Nov; p. 81–2.
- Ashok Kumar K, Tamizharasi K. Gesture controlled robot using MEMS accelerometer for eradication of weeds. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Mar; 8(5):460–5.
- Nallani S, Berlin Hency V. Low power cost effective automatic irrigation system. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Sept; 8(23):1–6.
- Md Anisur R, Alimul HK, Tofayel A, Md Mohsin S. Design, analysis and implementation of a robotic arm – The animator. American Journal of Engineering Research. 2013; 2(10):298–307.
- Blackmore BS, Stout W, Wang M, Runov B. Robotic agriculture – The future of agricultural mechanisation. Proceedings of 5th European Conference on Precision Agriculture; Sweden. 2005 Jun. p. 621–8.
- Divya CH, Ramakrishna H, Gowda P. Seeding and fertilization using an automated robot. International Journal of Current Research. 2013 Mar; 5(3):461–6.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.