Total views : 359
Accident Avoidance System using CAN
Advancement in technologies to have a great vehicular experience safety system is very essential in automobiles. Accident can occur anywhere anytime hence there is a need to save human lives from an accident by detecting a mishap before it happens. As traffic hazards and road accidents are increasing day by day it causes huge loss of life and property because of the poor emergency facilities. The paper is aimed in advancements in cars for making it more interactive and intelligent for avoiding accidents on roads. As an improvement to safety systems a multi-sensor, control Area Network (CAN) based system is interfaced with Engine Control Unit (ECU) using ARM-7 microcontroller. In order to prevent from accidents different sensors are used to observe fatigue levels of driver, pulse rate, alcohol level, obstacle detection and also sudden collisions. Global positioning system, GSM and CAN technologies for faster communications make the system completely reliable, safe, and stable and it attains the expected result of real-time analysis of data very effectively to provide a safer drive.
Accident, Automobile, CAN, Embedded Systems, Electronic, Sensor, Global Positioning System, GSM.
- Bhumkar SP, Deotare VV, Babar RV. Accident avoidance and detection system on high waysin. IJETT. 2012 Mar–Apr; 3(2):1–6.
- Thwe EE, Theingi, Design and implementation of data logger for vehicle safety. IJET; 2015Aug:1(4):55–62.
- Ujjainia L, Chakravarthi MK. Raspberry Pi based effective vehicle collision avoidance system using image processing. 2015Apr; 10(7):1–5.
- Raju S, Sanjay K, Kumar ST, Madhini B. Semiautonomous vehicle to prevent accident. IJTEE. 2014 May; 2(5):1–4.
- Jimenez F, Naranjo JE, Gomez O. Autonomous collision avoidance system based on accurate knowledge of vehicle surrounding. IET. 2014 Dec; 14(12):22689–705.
- European enhanced vehicle safety committee. WG 19, Primary and secondary safety interaction. EEVC; 2004 Jan.
- Caraffi C, Cattani S, Grisleri P. Off-road path and obstacle detection using decision networks and stereo vision. IEEE Trans Intell Transp Syst. 2007 Dec; 8(4):607–18.
- Foulster F, Rohling H, Data association and tracking for automotive radar networks. IEEE Trans Intell Transp Syst. 2005 Dec; 6(4):370–7.
- Polychronopoulos A, Tsogas M, Amditis AJ, Andreone L. Sensor fusion for predicting vehicles path for collision avoidance systems. IEEE Trans Intell Transp Syst. 2007 Sep; 8(3):549–62.
- Guivant J, Nebot E, Baiker S. Autonomous navigation and map building using laser range sensors in outdoor applications. J Robot Syst. 2000 Oct. 17(10). p. 565–83.
- Dietmayer K, Sparbert J, Streller D. Model based object classification and object tracking in traffic scenes from range images. IEEE Intelligent Vehicle Symp; Tokyo. 2001 Jan.
- Furstenberg, KCh, Dietmayer KDJ, Eisenlauer S. Multilayer aserscanner for robust object tracking and classification in urban traffic scenes. 9th World Congress on Intelligent Transport Systems; Chicago. 2002 Oct.
- Kato T, Ninomiya Y, Masaki I. An obstacle detection method by fusion of radar and motion stereo. IEEE Trans Intell Transp Syst. 2002 Sep; 3(3):182–8.
- Shimonura N, Fujimoto K, Oki T, Muro H. An algorithm for distinguishing the types of objects on the road using laser radar and vision. IEEE Trans Intell Transp Syst. 2002 Nov; 3(3):189–95.
- Aufrere R, Gowdy J, Mertz C, Thorpe C, Wang C, Yata T. Perception for collision avoidance and autonomous driving. Mechatronics. 2003; 13:1149–61.
- Rupp JD, King AG. Autonomous driving– A practical roadmap. SAE Technical. 2010 Oct; 22.
- Verma R, Del Vecchio. Semiautonomous vehicle safety. A hybrid control approach. IEEE Robot Autom Mag. 2011 Oct; 18(3):44–54.
- Trapagier PG, Nagel J, Kinney PM, Koutsougeras C, Dooner M. KAT-5: Robust systems for autonomous vehicle navigation in challenging and unknown terrain. 2006 Aug; 23(8):509–26.
- Punitha A, Kalaiselvi GM. Driver eye state detection using minimum intensity projection - An application to driver fatigue alertness. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Aug; 8(17):1–9.
- Roy R, Venkatasubramanian K. EKG/ECG based driver alert system for long haul drive. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Aug; 8(19):1–6.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.