Total views : 251
Design of Universal Module for Personal Security
Objectives: The proposed work is an attempt to design a security unit that can send the whereabouts of the user when an urgent situation arises. Methods/Statistical Analysis: This is done by using Global Positioning System (GPS) which determines the precise co-ordinates of the user. Microcontroller then extracts the required information and sends this location using Global System for Mobile communication (GSM) modem to a list of pre-assigned numbers when prompted by the user. Findings: The setup is portable. User can carry the device in their handbags. The triggering of the process is made wireless using RF transmitter and receiver. The GPS works continuously so that any change in the location of the user is updated constantly. Applications/Improvements: It could be used as a valuable tool in case of imperative circumstances.
GPS, GSM, Microcontroller, NMEA Protocol, RF Transmitter and Receiver.
- Violence against women in India. Available from: https:// en.wikipedia.org/wiki
- Khan A, Mishra R. GPS–GSM based tracking system. International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology. 2012; 3(2):161–4.
- Farooq U, Haq TU, Amar M, Asad MU, Iqbal A. GPS-GSM integration for enhancing public transportation management services. 2nd International Conference on Computer Engineering, ICCEA; Bali. 2010. p. 142–7.
- Thattai K, Manikanta KB, Chhawchharia S, Marimuthu R. ZigBee and Atmega 32 based wireless digital control and monitoring system for LED lighting. International conference on Information Communication and Embedded Systems (ICICES); Chennai, India. 2013. p. 878–81.
- Zogg J-M. GPS basics-introduction to the system. 1st ed. Switzerland: u-blox Publication; 2002.
- Le-Tien T, Phung-The V. Routing and tracking system for mobile vehicles in large area. 5th IEEE International Symposium on Electronic Design, Test and Applications (DELTA’10); Ho Chi Minh City. 2010. p. 297–300.
- Muruganandham, Mukesh PR. Real time web based vehicle tracking using GPS. World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology. 2010; 61(1):91–9.
- Thong STS, Han CT, Rahman TA. Intelligent fleet management system with concurrent GPS and GSM real-time positioning technology. 7th International Conference on ITS Telecommunications, ITS’07; Sophia Antipolis. 2007. p. 1–6.
- Biswal A, Marimuthu R, Balamurugan S, Ravi S. Design of senor network for real time data acquisition of water level in the agricultural field. ARPN Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences. 2015; 10(8):3391–6.
- Arvind RV, Raj RR, Raj RR, Prakash NK. Industrial automation using wireless sensor networks. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016; 9(11):1–8.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.