Total views : 266
Reenacting of Phylogenetic Tree for Cyclooxygenase DNA Sequences by using MUSCLE
Background/Objectives: Multiple Sequence alignment based on Log Expectation (MUSCLE) is a new approach for multiple sequence alignments of DNA or Protein sequences. The MUSCLE shows the high accuracy than the Clustal W and MAFFT and T-Coffee approaches. Based on MUSCLE approach, we aim to construct the Phylogenetic tree for Cyclooxygenase sequences. Method/Statistical Analysis: In MUSCLE there is a tree steps of process to find the accuracy of alignment i.e. are draft progressive, improved progressive and refinement. In each step it has the another sub steps to complete the alignment. Findings: MUSCLE is the faster algorithm than the ClustalW by adding the additional options for input sequences. It executes more sequences than the ClustalW and MAFFT. The MUSCLE displays the results with accuracy values of every input sequence. Application/Improvement: MUSCLE gives the Phylogenetic tree with very closeness of the sequences of input sequences alignment.
DNA, Hippocampus, MUSCLE, Phylogenetic Tree.
- Garavito RM, Malkowski MG, DeWitt DL. The structures of prostaglandin endoperoxide H synthases. Prostaglandins Other Lipid Mediat. 2002; 1(68–69):129–52.
- Tree of Life Project. What is Phylogeny? Tree of life web project [Internet]. [Cited 2008]. Available from: tolweb.org/ tree/learn/concepts/whatisphylogeny.htm.
- Potter R. Constructing phyolgentic tree using multiple sequence alignment, Master Thesis, University of Washington; 2008.
- Santhaiah C. International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Science. 2014; 5(5):115–17.
- Bear MF, Malenka RL. Current Opinion in Neurobiology. 1994; 4(1):389–99.
- Malenka RC, Nicoll RA. Science. 1999; 285(5):1870–4.
- Tsien JZ. Current Opinion in Neurobiology. 2000; 10(2):266–73.
- Smith WL, DeWitt DL, Garavito RM. Cyclooxygenases: structural, cellular, and molecular biology. Annual Review of Biochemistry. 2000; 69(4):145–82.
- Kam PC, See S. Cyclo-oxygenase isoenzymes: Physiological and pharmacological role. Anaesthesia. 2000; 55(5):442–49.
- Katori M, Majima M. Cyclooxygenase-2: Its rich diversity of roles and possible application of its selective inhibitors. Inflammation Research. 2000; 49(8):367–92.
- Santhaiah C, Rama A, Reddy M. Role of computers in bioinformatics by using different biological datasets. Journal of Computer Engineering. 2014; 16(2):17–20.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.