Total views : 253
A Novel Framework for Reducing Total Cost through Reporting Cell Optimization in Mobile Computing
Objective: In this paper, we proposed a framework called "Reporting Cell based Scheme" where the reporting cell arrangement is a capable location management plan wherein couple of cells in the system as doled out as reporting cells, which assume the accountability of dealing with the location updating and paging methods in the system. Method/Analysis: The intention of dexterous exploitation of the inhibited accessible data transmission and to fabricate the limit of the network, repetition of re-use idea is established in cellular systems which encouraged in expanding the number of cells in the system. This prompted trouble in finding the position of a moveable client in the network and expansion in the signaling expense. In addition, Location management manages monitoring a dynamic movable terminal in a particular zone whereas decreasing the cost brought about in finding the movable terminal. The present position management is completed by congregating the phones in light of endorser density. The Location management measures depend on customer portability and impends the incoming call rate to a resourceful terminal, which recommends that the location management cost encloses of paging cost and location upgrade cost. Genetic Algorithm and Reporting Cell is used to reduce the total cost. Findings: By using the proposed framework, the requirement of enormous value is to decide an ideal reporting cell setup where the location management expense is decreased and accordingly it is keeping up an exchange off between area upgrade and paging cost. Applications/Improvements: The routing protocol can make of this framework in order to reduce the total cost. Genetic Algorithm is used in this framework to optimize the selection of reporting cell than the existing reporting cell methods.
Genetic Algorithm, History Based Scheme, Location Management, Paging Cost, Reporting Cell.
- Theodore S. Rappaport. Wireless Communications: Principles and Practice 2nd Edition. Prentice Hall PTR New Jersey, 1996.
- Ki-Sik Kong. A Conceptual Apprach to Location Management in Wireless Networks. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Sep; 8:1-5.
- Mukherjee A, Bandyopadhyay S, Saha D. Location management and routing in mobile wireless networks. Artech House, 2003.
- Sangheon Pack, Gwangwoo Park, Haneul Ko. An SIP-based Location Management Framework in Opportunistic WiFi Networks. IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology. 2014 Dec; 5269-5274.
- Y.-B. Lin. Reducing location update cost in a pcs network. IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking (TON). 1997; 5(1):25–33.
- Ian F. Akyildiz, Joseph S.M. Ho, Yi-BingLin. Movement based location update and selective paging for PCS networks. IEEE/ACM Transactionson Networking. 2012; 4(4):25–33.
- Thabasu Kannan S, Shakeela N. Optimization of Location Management Cost by Mobility Pattern. International Journal of Innovative Research in Advanced Engineering (IJIRAE). 2015 Jan; 1(2).
- Escalle PG, Giner VC, Oltra JM. Reducing location update and paging costs in a PCS network. IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications. 2012; 1(1):200-209.
- Naor Z, Levy H. Minimizing the wireless cost of tracking mobile users: an adaptive threshold scheme. Seventeenth Annual Joint Conference of the IEEE Computer and Communications Societies. 2012; 2:720-727.
- Pollini GP, C.-LI. A Profile-Based Location Strategy and Its Performance. IEEE JSAC. 2013; 15(8):1415-1424.
- Jacek Malczewski, Claus Rinner. Heuristic Methods. Advances in Geographic Information Science-Springer, February 2015; 140-189.
- Perla Ravi Theja, Khadar Babu SK. An Adaptive Genetic Algorithm based Robust QoS Oriented Green Computing Scheme for VM Consolidation in Large Scale Cloud Infrastructure. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Oct; 8:1-13.
- Kwang-Seuk Jeong, MinHyeok Kim, Hyunbin Jo, Jeong-An Gim, Dong-Kyum Kim, Gea-Jae Joo. Search of Optimal Locations for Species or group-specific primer design in DNA sequences: Non-dominated Sorting Genetic Algorithm II (NSGA-II). Ecological Informatics-Elsevier, 2014; 1-7.
- Wenchao Ma, Yuguang Fang. A User Mobility-PatternBased Location Strategy for Next Generation Wireless Multimedia Networks. IEEE. 2003; 3098-3102.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.