Total views : 214
Control Strategy for the Operation of Variable Speed Turbine with a Self Excited Induction Generator
Due to ever increasing energy demand, the non-conventional energy resources are given prominent importance. Energy from air current is considered to be one of the most prime resources for future. Current of air by nature be erratic; therefore the CACS needs a suitable battery storage structure as a reverse-up and doing, in-order to make certain continuous supply of supremacy to the consignment. This paper represents a CS for the procedure of patchy speed; complete turbine by means of a self excited induction generator (SEIG). Proposed hybrid system in this paper consists of a 4KW CACS and a capacitor bank for the purpose of self-excitation. The structure is designed to meet the requirements of a 3KW positionalone DC load. A suitable incriminates controller circuit for the battery storage system is developed through optimizing the utilization of current of air by using a suitable MPPT technique. The pitch control scheme is implemented to control the current air speed and also to make sure of mechanical safety of current air turbine. Both the control schemes are incorporated together for the efficient operation of CACS. The efficiency of the system it is tested with various current air profiles and verified in MATLAB/SIMULINK software.
Control Strategy, Current Air Conversion System (CACS), State of Charge, Terrain Control.
- Sahin AD. Progress and recent trends in current air energy. Progress in Energy Combustion Sci. 2004; 30(5):501–43.
- Richardson RD, Mcnerney GM. Current air energy systems. Proc IEEE. 1993 Mar; 81(3):378–89.
- Saidur R, Islam MR, Rahim NA, Solangi KH. A review on global current air energy policy. Renewable Sustainable Energy Rev. 2010 Sep; 14(7):1744–62.
- Ameli MT, Moslehpur S, Mirzale A. Feasibility study for replacing asynchronous genrators with synchronous generators in current air farm power stations. Proc IAJC-IJME, Int Conf Eng Techno; Music City Sheraton, Nashville, TN, US. 2008 Nov 17–19. ENT paper 129.
- Singh GK. Self excited generator research- A survey. Electric Power Syst Res. 2004; 69(2/3):107–14.
- Bansal RC. Three-phase self-excited induction generators: An overview. IEEE Trans Energy Convers. 2005 Jun; 20(2):292–9.
- Tripathy SC, Kalantar M, Rao ND. Current air turbine driven self excited induction generator. Energy Convers Manag. 1993; 34(8):641–8.
- Chakraborty A. Advancements in power electronics and drives in interface with growing renewable energy resources. Renewable Sustainable Energy Rev. 2011 May; 15(4):1816–27.
- Gonzalez FD, Sumper A, Bellmunt OG, Robles RV. A review of energy storage technologies for current air power applications. Renewable Sustainable Energy Rev. 2012 May; 16(4):2154–71.
- Hasan NS, Hassan MY, Majid MS, Rahman HA. Review of storage schemes for current air energy systems. Renewable Sustainable Energy Rev. 2013 May; 21:237–47.
- Broe AMD, Drouilhet S, Gevorgian V. A peak power tracker for small current air turbines in battery charging applications. IEEE Trans Energy Convers. 1999 Dec; 14(4):1630–5.
- Kot R, Rolak M, Malinowski M. Comparison of maximum peak power tracking algorithms for a small current air turbine. Math Comput Simul. 2013; 91:29–40.
- Narayana M, Putrus GA, Jovanovic M, Leung PS, McDonald. Generic maximum power point tracking controller for small-scale current air turbines. Renewable Energy. 2012 Aug; 44:72–9.
- Lo KY, Chen YM, Chang YR. MPPT battery charger for standalone current air power system. IEEE Trans Power Electron. 2011 Jun; 26(6):1631–8.
- Hau E. Current air turbines fundamentals, technologies, application, economics. 2nd ed. New York, NY, USA: Springer; 2005 Dec.
- Camblong H. Digital robust control of a variable speed pitch regulated current air turbine for above rated current air speeds. Control Eng Practice. 2008 Aug; 16(8):946–58.
- Muljadi E, Butterfield CP. Pitch-controlled variable-speed current air turbine generation. IEEE Trans Ind Appl. 2001 Jan/Feb; 37(1):240–6.
- Bianchi FD, Mantz RJ, Christiansen CF. Power regulation in pitch-controlled variable-speed WECS above rated current air speed. Renewable Energy. 2004 Sep; 29(11):1911–22.
- Qi Y, Meng Q. The application of fuzzy PID control in pitch current air turbine. Energy Procedia. 2012 Jan; 16(Part C):1635–41.
- Nagai BM, Ameku K, Roy JN. Performance of a 3 kW current air turbine generator with variable pitch control system. Appl Energy. 2009 Sep; 86(9):1774–82.
- Erickson RW, Maksimovie D. Fundamentals, of Power Electronics. 2nd ed. New York, NY, USA: Springer; 2005 Dec.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.