Total views : 434
Mechanical Properties of Hybrid Fiber Reinforced Concrete
Objectives: To evaluate the suitability of short coconut and PP fiber as a reinforcing agent in cement concrete. Mixing and casting of untreated coconut and PP fiber in RCC check the mechanical properties of HFRC. The experimental background is cited in the literature. Methods/Statistical Analysis: From the basic tested data a mix design for M20 grade concrete at a weight of cement fraction is 1%.For this work 12nos of cube (150 mm * 150 mm * 150 mm) and 12nos of beam (700mm *150 mm*150 mm) were casted by using different fiber proportion of polypropylene fiber & coconut fiber in the laboratory; along with one set of control sample were examined and compared with the HFRC. Findings: All the cube specimens were tested by UTM and beam specimens were tested in UTM by using two points loading as per IS 516-1959. The test result shows that the weight fraction of 1% with Polypropylene 0.75 – coconut coir 0.25 combination specimens improves compressive strength and flexural strength as compared with control specimen. Applications/Improvements: The use of hybrid fiber reinforced concrete in non-structural components like Walls & Surfaces of Septic Tank, Water Storage Tanks and Dams, Sports Grounds, Industrial, Residential Floors & Warehouses etc. The major contribution of fibers in crack resistance and crack control, improve ductility of concrete.
Coconut Coir Fiber, Ductility, Hybrid Fibers, Polypropylene.
- Madhavi TCH, Swamy Raju L. Polypropylene Fiber Reinforced Concrete-A Review. International Conference on Advances in Civil Engineering and Chemistry of Innovative Materials (ACECIM’14). 2014 Jun; 4(4). p. 114–9.
- SajeD, Bandel B, Sustersic J, Saje F. Shrinkage of Polypropylene Fiber-Reinforced High-Performance Concrete. Journal of Materials in Civil Engineering. 2011 Jul; 23(7):941–52.
- Fiber-reinforced concrete. Available from: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiber-reinforced_concrete. Date Accessed: 12/04/2016.
- Technology Information, Forecasting and Assessment Council (TIFAC). Available from: http://www.tifac.org.in/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=560:indian-composite-industry-makes-progress&catid=85:publications&Itemid=569. Date Accessed: 12/01/2016.
- AhmedS, BukhariIA, SiddiquiJI, QureshiSA. A Study on Properties of Polypropylene fiber in Reinforced concrete. 31st Conference on Our world in Concrete and Structure.2006 Aug. p. 1–11.
- Agrawal AR, DhaseSS, Agrawal KS. Coconut Fiber in Concrete to enhance its Strength and making Lightweight Concrete. International Journal of Engineering Research and Development. 2014 Jan; 9(4):64–7.
- Shetty MS. Text Book of Concrete Technology. Theory and Practice, Second Edition, 1986.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.