Total views : 301
Spatial Data Mining for Location Based Services
Objectives: The small and medium enterprise business utilizes the social networking sites to send advertisement without knowing the user location and information. In this research work, high scalable Location Based-Social Network Advertisement System (LB-SNAS) is developed to find user mobility patterns and provide value service with respect to their geo-presence. Methods/Statistical Analysis: In order to find the user mobility, the continuous geo-data of every user along with the time stamp should be known. In LB-SNAS, a novel Maximum Residing Point (MRP) algorithm is implemented to predict where the user resides most. The spatial and temporal presence of the twitter users is understood by visualizing their geo-tagged data. Findings: Hence, it is observed that 60% of similar user resides at different hotspot at various time periods a day. The existing time based clustering algorithm clusters the user with respect to the time and geo-presence and shows high time complexity. Because whole dataset is subjected to the algorithm. But in the MRP algorithm the difference of each data points are calculated and the data points that are below the threshold are clustered. A single random data point from each cluster is chosen for calculating maximum residing point of user. The execution time is highly reduced in this approach and some useful patterns like similarity mining and crowd strength is determined with respect to spatial temporal parameters. To demonstrate the LB-SNAS, twitter data is used for mining users and their location and foursquare venue data is used as test data to provide location based advertisement. Experimental results show that the users who are constantly moving will have diverse temporary social geo presence and will be definitely having a permanent halt point. Applications and Improvement: A different user who shares similar movements is grouped and hence it derives a key idea for location based group services. This approach helps the online advertisers, social media marketers, small medium enterprise organization to make location based advertisement.
Maximum Residing Point Algorithm, Social Data Analytics, Spatial Data Mining, Location based Services, Twitter Data Mining, User Mobility Behavior.
- Beverly H, Anind D. What have you done with location based services lately. IEEE Pervasive Computing. 2009; 8(4):66–70.
- PeiZ,Lionel M, Ni N. Spotlight: The rise of smartphone.IEEE Distributed Systems Online. 2006; 7(3):1–5.
- Social media website [Internet]. [cited 2016 Jun 06]. Available from: http://www.facebook.com.
- Micro blogging social media website [Internet]. [cited 2016 Jun 06]. Available from: http://www.twitter.com.
- Kandasamy K, Kumar CS. Modified PSO based optimal time interval identification for predicting mobile user behaviour (MPSO-OTI2-PMB) in location based services. Indian Journal of Science and Technology.2015 Apr; 8(7):1–9.
- IlyoungH, Sunghak S, Ju-hyunP, KyojunK.Location-aware real time positioning with JinifMap. International Conference on Computer Engineering and Technology (ICCET).2010; 1(1):309–12.
- ChristosA, StathesH, Kostas K. Time-optimized user grouping in location based services. Computer Networks.2015; 81:220–4.
- Total number of unique visitors to selected social networking sites[Internet]. [cited 2016 Jun 06]. Available from: http:// www.comscore.com/content/download/13005/267317/ file/comScore_Social%20World_Deck.pdf.
- Park SH. A study on the user acceptability of smart mobile advertising in South Korea. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Apr; 8(S7):611–17.
- Peter S, Peter C, Peter D, TjarkF. Challenges and solutions for marketing in a digital era. European Management Journal.2014; 32(1):1–12.
- Kim Y. The integration effect of product types, mobile advertising appeal types, and temporal distance. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Apr; 8(S7):1–5.
- Location based service website[Internet]. [cited 2016 Jun 06]. Available from: http://www.foursquare.com.
- Twitterdeveloperdocumentation[Internet]. [cited 2016 Jun 06]. Available from: https://dev.twitter.com/docs.
- Albert A, AnilB, KhaldoonN, FevziO.Generating brand awareness in Online Social Networks. Computer in Human Behavior. 2015; 50(1):600–9.
- DingqiY, DaqingZ, Vincent W, Zhiyong Y. Modeling user activity preference by leveraging user spatial temporal characteristics in LBSN. IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man and Cybernetics. 2015; 45(1):129–42.
- Zhiyong Y, DaqingZ, ZhiwenY, DingqiY. Participant selection for offline event marketing leveraging location-based social networks. IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man and Cybernetics.2015; 45(6):853–64.
- Abdul M, LingC, HamidT, IbrarH, GencaiC.A system for mining interesting tourist locations and travel sequences from public. Geo-Tagged Photos Data and Knowledge Engineering.2015; 95(1):66–86.
- ZhuW, Daqing Z, Xingshe Z, DingqiY, Zhiyong Y, Zhiwen Y. Discovering and profiling overlapping communities in location-based social networks. IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man and Cybernetics. 2014; 44(4):499–509.
- Twitter card for interactive information display[Internet].[cited 2016 May 01]. Available from: https://dev.twitter.com/cards/overview.
- Forbes [Internet]. [cited 2014Aug27]. Available from: http://www.forbes.com/sites/roberthof/2014/08/27/studymobileads-actually-do-work-especially-in-apps/.
- DanielaF, Ghislain F.JSONiq: The history of a query language.IEEE Internet Computing. 2013; 17(5):86–90.
- Foursquare for Developers[Internet]. [cited 2016 Jun 06].Available from: https://developer.foursquare.com/docs/ venues/search.
- Ivis F. Calculating geographic distance: Concepts and methods. SAS Proceedings, NESUGUSA; 2006. p. 1–15.
- Mingqi L, LingC, GencaiC.Mining user similarity based on routine activities. Information Science. 2013; 236(1):17–32.
- Reddy CA,Subramaniyaswamy V. An enhanced travel package recommendation system based on location dependent social data. Indian Journal of Science and Technology.2015 Jul; 8(16):1–7.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.