Total views : 215
Study of Qos Performance in Optical Burst Switched Networks (OBS)
One of the main challengers of the future Internet is to ensure QoS for various types of traffic characteristics with differentiated service requirements. It has been highlighted that OBS can provide high bandwidth data transmission in alloptical Internet network. However, the provisioning of QoS in OBS network is still an issue. The focused of this study is to develop QoS provisioning mechanism at the ingress and core node of OBS network. The proposed QoS provisioning ensures that the differentiated traffic is able to achieve their respective demands. This study proposed a DiffServ-aware ingress node with priority queueing (PQ) and burst assembly mechanisms. In addition, a core node with contention resolution scheme using FDL_WA_WPremp is developed as part of the integration of the proposed OBS network.
Burst Loss, Contention Resolution, FDL, OBS, Preemption, Quality-of-Service (QoS), Wavelength Assignment.
- Toledo MCFD, Zucchi WL. Simulation of a Optical Burst Switch Using Fiber Delay Lines. International Conference on Microwave and Optoelectronics. 2005. p. 334–40.
- Li GM, Li VOK, Li CY, Wai PKA. Delayed Reservation Decision in Optical Burst Switching Networks with Optical Buffers. International Conference on Communication and Networking, ChinaCom. 2008. p. 454–8.
- Choi JY, Kang M. Optical Buffer-Based Service Differentiation in Burst Switched-Based Optical Networks.International Conference on Advanced Communication Technology, ICACT. 2006; 2:1432–5.
- Lee SK, Sriram K, Kim HS, Song JS. Contention-Based Limited Deflection Routing Protocol in Optical Burst Switched Network. IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communication. 2005; 23(8):1596–611.
- Chan Y, Wu H, Xu D, Qiao C. Performance Analysis of Optical Burst Switched Node with Deflection Routing.International Conference on Communications (ICC).2003; 2:1355–9.
- Long K, Yang X, Hang S, Chen Q, Wang R. An Adaptive Parameter Deflection Routing to Resolve Contention in OBS Networks. International Federation for Information Processing (IFIP). 2006; 1074–9.
- Zalesky A, Vu HL, Rosberg Z, Wang EWM, Zukerman M. Evaluation of Limited Wavelength Conversion and Deflection Routing as Methods to Reduce Blocking Probability in Optical Burst Switched Networks. IEEE International Conference on Communications. 2004; 3. p.1543–7.
- Puttasubbappa VS, Perros HG. Performance Analysis of Limited Range Wavelength Conversion in an OBS Switch.Telecommunication System, Springer. 2006; 227–46.
- Roseberg Z, Zalesky A, Vu HL, Zukerman M. Analysis of OBS Networks with Limited Wavelength Conversion. IEEE Transaction on Networking. 2006; 14(5):1118–27.
- Vokkarane V, Jue JP, Sitaraman S. Burst Segmentation: An Approach for Reducing Packet Loss in Optical Burst Switched Networks. Proceedings IEEE of International Conference on Communications (ICC). 2002; 5. p. 2673–7.
- Detti A, Eramo V, Listanti M. Optical Burst Switching with Burst Drop: An Easy OBS Improvement. Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Communication (ICC).2002; 5. p. 2687–91.
- Detti A, Eramo V, Listanti M. Performance Evaluation of a New Technique for IP Support in a WDM Optical Network: Optical Composite Burst Switching (OCBS). Journal Lightwave Technology. 2002; 20(2):154–65.
- Lee YG, Kim NU, Um TW, Kang MH. Decision of the Fiber Delay Line Length in Optical Burst Switching Networks.International Conference on Advanced Communication Technology, ICACT. 2005; 2. p. 1049–51.
- Khlifi Y, Lazzez A, Guemara SEF, Boudriga N. Optical Packet and Burst Switching Node Architecture: Modeling and Performance Analysis. IEEE Telecommunications.2005; 2:507–14.
- Keshav S, Kalmanek CR, Kanakia H. Rate Controlled Servers for Very High Speed Networks. Global Telecommunications Conference and Exhibition Communications Connecting the Future (GLOBECOM). 1990; 1:12–20.
- de Toledo MCF, Zucchi W. Simulation of Optical Burst Switch using Fiber Delay Lines. International Conference on Microwave and Optoelectronics. 2005. p. 334–40.
- Tucker RS. Scalability and energy Consumption of Optical and Electronic Packet Switching. Journal of Lightwave Technology. 2011; 29(16):2410–21.
- Available from: http://manip.arch.uiuc.edu/Wah/papers/ K43/K43.pdf.
- Din NM, Fisal N. Modeling of IP-GMPLS Multimedia Traffic and Network for Admission Control using ns-2.International Conference on Modeling and Simulation, ACMS ’08. 2008. p. 678–83.
- ITU-T G.1010, Series G: Transmission Systems and Media, Digital Systems and Networks. Quality of Service and Performance: End-User multimedia QoS Categories. 2001.
- Long K, Tucker RS, Wang C. A New Framework and Burst Assembly for IP DiffServ over Optical Burst Switching Networks. GLOBECOM ’03. 2003; 3159–64.
- [22. Suriani MS, Hamdan S, Norsheila F, Norliza M.Delay Effect on Homogeneous and Heterogeneous Traffic in Optical Burst Switched Network. Third International Conference on Engineering and Applied Science (ICEAS 2013), Osaka, Japan. 2013 Nov.
- Kurose JF, Ross KW. Computer Networking: A Top-Down Approach Featuring the Internet. 4th Edition. Boston: Addison Wesley. 2007.
- Lancaster T. Understanding Delay. Unified Communications.2002 May. Available from: http://searchunifiedcommunications.techtarget.com/tip/ Understanding-delay
- Suriani MS, Hamdan S, Norsheila F, Norliza M.Contention Resolution in OBS Using FDL_WA_WPREMP. International Journal of Future Computer and Communication. 2015 Feb; 4(1).
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.