Total views : 240
Security over the Wireless Sensor Network and Node Authentication using ECCDSA
Objectives: The networks using wireless sensor are becoming the preferred considerations for the critical mission applications. These applications normally remain unattended for years and have to perform reliably for lifetime. However the performance of these systems is subject to significant degradation over time because of realities in sensing and failure, communication in real world, node faults and clock drift. Hence it becomes essential to continuously monitor the natural deteriorations and have provisions for self-healing as necessary. Methods/Statistical Analysis: The self-healing, error correction and node authentication are proposed by this paper. The network having wireless sensors has nodes that are dynamically forming into clusters. Every cluster group will be having a cluster head for verifying the whole node. Findings: The cluster head would authenticate any incoming node of this network through generating and verifying signatures on any message using the Elliptic Curve Cryptography based Digital Signature Algorithm (ECCDSA). The registration of new node and authentication of the node constitutes the successful process of the authentication and cluster head would store the information about authentication in server. Application/ Improvement: The presence of malicious nodes if any will be identified using the distribution process of the self-healing key and the malicious nodes will be thrown out of the cluster by cluster head so as to guarantee the network as secured. After identifying and removing this malicious node in the cluster, the properties of that malicious node would be stored in the server for future reference. During error correction process, any node having the property same as this malicious one will be identified and informed to the cluster head by any neighbor node. Then using the technique of Forward Error Correction (FEC), the Cluster Head (CH) will block that node having the same malicious property after comparing with the one stored in the server.
Cluster Head, Greedy Algorithm, MAODV, PEACH, Self- Healing Routing.
- Chelli K. Security Issues in Wireless Sensor Networks: Attacks and Countermeasures, Proceedings of the World Congress on Engineering WCE London, U.K. 2015; 1:1–6.
- Agrawal S, Raw RS, Tyagi N, Misra AK. Fuzzy Logic based Greedy Routing (FLGR) in multi-hop vehicular AD HOC networks. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Nov; 8(30):1–14.
- Verma SK, Ojha DB. A discussion on elliptic curve cryptography and its applications. IJCSI International Journal of Computer Science Issues. 2012; 9(1):1–4.
- Kaushal J, Patel P, Nirav M, Raja R. Secure end to end data aggregation using public key encryption in wireless sensor network. International Journal of Computer Applications. 2015.
- Stallings W. Cryptography and network security principles and practice fifth edition, person. 2011; 122(6):1–22.
- Mukund R, Joshi J, Karkade RA. Network security with cryptography. IJCSMC. 2015; 4(1):201–04.
- Bakir SHA, kiah MLM, Zaidan AA, Zaidan BB, Alam GM. Securing Peer to peer mobile communications using public key cryptography: new Security strategy. International Journal of the Physical Sciences. 2011; 6(4):930–38
- Nimbhorkar S, Malik LG. Prospective utilization of elliptic curve cryptography for security enhancement. International Journal of Application or Innovation in Engineering and Management (IJAIEM). 2013; 2(1):1–6.
- Mohammad A, Alia A, Tamimi AA, Omaima NA, AL-Allaf A. Cryptography based Authentication Methods. Proceedings of the World Congress on Engineering and Computer Science, San Francisco, USA. 2014; 1:1–6.
- Raam KVJ, Rajkumar K. A novel approach using parallel ant colony optimization algorithm for detecting routing path based on cluster head in wireless sensor network. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Jul; 8(16):1–7.
- Eriksson O. Error Control in Wireless Sensor Networks a Process Control Perspective. 2011; 1–50.
- Hariharan R, Mahesh C, Prasenna P, Kumar RV. Enhancing privacy preservation in data mining using cluster based greedy method in hierarchical approach. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Jan; 9(3):1–8.
- Wang H, Zhang Y. Cryptanalysis of an Efficient Threshold Self-Healing Key Distribution Scheme. IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications. 2011; 10(1):1–4.
- Goel S, Behniwal M, Sharma AK. Authentication and Key Distribution Schemes for Wireless Sensors Network. IJARCSSE. 2013; 3(7):41–7.
- Chaudhary N, Gupta S. A survey on coverage problem in wireless sensor network. IJECS. 2015; 4(5):11952–5.
- Theofanis P, Lambrou L. Optimized Cooperative Dynamic Coverage in Mixed Sensor Networks. ACM Transactions on Sensor Networks, USA. 2015; 11(3):46.
- Kumar AVN, Ajith A. Hole and border detection methods and coverage enhancement in WSN: A survey. IJARCSSE. 2015; 5(6):1267–77.
- kowsalya SSNK, Sathyaseelan S. Sensor deployment algorithm for hole detection and healing with the presence of obstacle Ncr access. 2015; 4(4):1–8.
- Chen Z, Xu M, Yin L, Lu J. Unequal error protected JPEG 2000 broadcast scheme with progressive fountain codes, Tsinghua. 2011.
- Abitha KS, Anjalipandey A, Kaliyamurthie DKP. Secured data transmission using elliptic curve cryptography. IJIRCCE. 2015; 3(3):1–7.
- Kim CSMSH. A study on the integrated security system based real-time network packet deep inspection. International Journal of Security and its Applications. 2014; 8(1):113–22.
- Kim J, Baek J, Shon T. An efficient and scalable re- authentication protocol over wireless sensor network. IEEE Transactions on Consumer Electronics. 2011; 57(2):5–6.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.