Total views : 403
Multiplier and Accelerator Effects of Investments in the Russian Economy (Facts, Trends and Prospects)
Background/Objectives: The article describes the peculiarities of multiplier and accelerator effects in the Russian economy at different stages of its historical development. Methods/Statistical Analysis: The research of the specifics of multiplier and accelerator effects of investments in the Russian economy is based on the historical and genetic approach. The methodological base of the research consists mainly of dialectical principles. During studies, the authors used a regression analysis as a main tool for studying relations between economic variables and an indicative analysis enabling to estimate the potential danger, to make quantitative assessment of the crisis. Findings: The authors have built a regression model which reflects both: Changes occurred in the investment mechanism in the 1990s and their impact on the cumulative process in the post-Soviet economy. The causes and negative consequences of low investment activity in Russia have been identified. The well-founded conclusion has been made about the futility and harmfulness of raw materials export model for the further development of the country due to its inability to utilize the potential of the stimulating effect of the “cumulative demand” (consumer and investment one) factor. Application/Improvements: Proposals have been made regarding the intensification of the investment activity in the Russian economy, as well as the activation of hyper-cumulative process combining the accelerator and multiplier effects.
Acceleration Effect, Investments, Multiplier.
- Grigoriev OV. The era of growth. Lectures on neo-economy. The rise and decline of the world economic system. Moscow: Career Press. 2014. p. 313–68.
- Soros G. The truth about the financial crisis. 2012. 2015. Available from: http://www.1pixel.ru/soroskriz.php
- Senchagov VK. The economic security of Russia. General course: Textbook 3rd ed. Moscow: BINOM. Laboratoriya znaniy; 2010.
- Daskovskii VB, Kiselev VB. The downward trajectory of the economy: Causes and Consequences. Economist. 2016; 3:3–18.
- Gubanov S. About the economic model and long-term strategy of the new industrialization of Russia. Economist. 2016; 2:3–10.
- Aganbegyan A. How the state budget can become a powerhouse of social and economic development of the country. Economic Issues. 2015; 7:142–51.
- Senchagov VK. The budget of Russia: Development and economic security: Monograph. Moscow: INFRA-M; 2015.
- Keynes JM. General theory of employment, interest and money. CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform; 2011.
- Hansen A. Business cycles and national income. In the book: Classics Keynesianism: Moscow: Economika Publishing House OJSC; 1997.
- McConnell KR, Brue, SL. Economics: Principles, problems and policies. 2 volumes. Moscow: Respublika; 2008.
- Sharpe W, Alexander G, Bailey J. Investments. Prentice Hall Inc; 1995.
- Reingold EA. Economic paradigm and evolution of the category of “investment”. Economic theory on the threshold of 21st century. Osipov Y. M, Zotova E. S. Editors. Moscow: Yurist. 2000; 3:294–306.
- Gubanov SS. A powerful breakthrough. Neoindustrialization of Russia plus Vertical Integration. Moscow: Knizhnyi Mir; 2012.
- Gubanov S. Neo-industrial model of development and its system algorithm. Economic and Social Problems: Facts, Trends, Forecast. 2014; 33(3):23–44.
- Ryazanov VT. Time for a new industrialization: Prospects of Russia. Economist. 2013; 8:3–32.
- Kormishkina LA, Kormishkin ED, Semenova NN, Koloskov DA. Favorable macro environment: Formula of investment activity growth under the economic paradigm shifted. Mediterranean Journal of Social Sciences. 2015; 6(4):163–71.
- Kornai J. The Economics of Shortage. Transl from Hungarian. Moscow: Nauka; 1990.
- Sorokin PA. Man Civilization. Society. Moscow: Politizdat; 1992.
- Shevelev AA. Principles of the systematicity in the economic theory; the need for a new vision. Economic theory on the threshold of 21st century. Osipov Y. M., Pulyaev V. T., Ryazanov V. T., Zotova E. S. et al. Editors. Moscow: Jurist. 1998; 2:239–43.
- Kormishkina LA. Formation of the economic cycle in a transitional economy. Saransk, Mordovian University Press; 2000.
- Kovalev A. About the economic cycle in the USSR. Economic Yearbook of the Economic Man; 1990. p. 174–82.
- Russia in figures: Statistical handbook. Moscow: Rosstat; 2015.
- Statistical Yearbook of Russia: Statistical pocketbook. Moscow: Rosstat; 2014.
- World Economic Outlook (2011, April). IMF, 208–211. 2016. Available from: https://www.imf.org/external/pubs/ft/weo/2011/01/pdf/text.pdf 25. Investments in Russia: Statistical pocketbook. Moscow: Rosstat; 2013.
- Kashin V. In which Countries is the share of taxes in GDP lower than in Russia? Argumenty i fakty. (2014). 2015. Available from: http://www.aif.ru/infographic/1178165
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.