Total views : 428
Colorimetric Features of Design and Production of Aircraft Display Systems in the Product Lifecycle
Background: The main attention is paid to the processes of design and production of the airborne display systems, the production specifics of which is associated with image colorimetric characteristics transformation. Method: This article reviews the product lifecycle diagram in the area of aviation instrument engineering. Transformation of color models, i.e., transition from the color coordinates of one color model to the color coordinates of another color model, is relevant for subject areas, in which various physical processes are used for color reproduction in the unified process cycle. Findings: The relevance of the research is determined by the necessity to reproduce identical colors in most cases without visible distortions in various color models and on various physical carriers specific to the real physical color reproduction process. The article shows that it is necessary to consider various color models describing the color rendition properties of various data carriers used in the avionics during creation of the display systems. The developed models and their varieties allow effective coding of information about color and brightness of the image in the communication channel and are used to describe the processes of the television image transmission trialed at the stage of the airborne equipment integration. Improvements/Applications: The materials of the article are of practical value in using the diagram of the end-to-end process cycle allowing the control of colorimetric shifts of color coordinates in the lifecycle of the aviation equipment.
Aviation Instrument Engineering, Avionics, Color Models, Color Coordinates, Display Systems, Lifecycle.
- Ibraheem NA, Hasan MM, Khan RZ, Mishra PK. Understanding color models: A review. ARPN Journal of Science and Technology. 2012; 2(3):265–75.
- Hunt RW. The reproduction of color. Harrow: Kodak Limited; 2004.
- Desjardins DD. Military displays: Technology and applications. SPIE Press; 2013.
- Barber S, et al. US Patent 7,417,641 B1: Aeronautical chart display apparatus and method; 2008 Aug 26.
- Livada B. Avionic displays. Scientific Technical Review. 2012; 62(3-4):70–9.
- Schanda J. Colorimetry understanding the CIE system. Wiley-Interscience John Wiley and Sons INC Publication; 2007.
- Gatchin YA, Zharinov IO, Korobeynikov AG, Zharinov OO. Theoretical estimation of Grassmann’s transformation resolution in avionics color coding systems. Modern Applied Science. 2015; 9(5):197–210.
- Aleksanin SA, Zharinov IO, Korobeynikov AG, Perezyabov OA, Zharinov OO. Evaluation of chromaticity coordinate shifts for visually perceived image in terms of exposure to external illuminance. ARPN Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences. 2015; 10(17):7494–501.
- Zharinov IO, Zharinov OO, Kostishin MO. The research of redundacy in avionics color palette for on-board indication equipment. Proceedings of International Siberian Conference on Control and Communications (SIBCON-2015); The Tomsk IEEE Chapter and Student Branch, Russia, Omsk. 2015 May 21-23. Art 7147313.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.