Total views : 340
An Isolated Zeta Converter Topology for Switched Reluctance Motor Drive with Power Factor Correction
Objective: This paper presents an isolated zeta converter fed switched reluctance motor(SRM) drive with power factor correction for low power applications. Methods: A single phase AC supply is given to the diode bridge rectifier followed by a isolated Zeta converter then frontend converter with Switched Reluctance Motor (SRM) drive. Findings: To design the Power Factor Correction (PFC) isolated Zeta converter operated in Discontinuous Conduction Mode (DCM) for low power applications. For better current regulation, the input voltage is boosted without using any voltage are current sensors, we get both current and voltage wave forms are in phase. Improvement: For many variable speeds drives applications, the presented topology makes it a better choice due to power factor correction.
Discontinuous Conduction Mode (DCM), Front End Converter, Isolated ZETA Converter, Power Factor Correction (PFC), Power Quality, Switched Reluctance Motor (SRM) Drive.
- Barnes M. Power electronic converters for Switched Reluctance Drives. IEEE Trans. Power Electr. 1998; 13(6):1100-11.
- Stefanovic VR. SRM inverter topologies: A comparative evaluation. IEEE Trans. Ind. Appli. 1991; 27(6):1034-47.
- Sebastian J. An over view of power factor correction in single phase off line power supply systems. IECON – Bologna, 1994; 3:1688–93.
- Krishnan R. Effect of power factor correction circuit on switched reluctance motor drives for appliances. APEC - Orlando, FL. 1994; 1:83-89.
- Caruso L. A Switched Reluctance Motor Drive operating at unity power factor IEEE IAS Annu. Meeting -San Diego, CA, 1996; 1:410-17.
- Consoli C. Unipolar converter for Switched Reluctance Motor Drives with power factor improvement. APEC -Anaheim, CA, 2001; 2:1103-08.
- Rim GH. A chopping less converter for switched reluctance motor with unity power factor and sinusoidal input current, PESC – Taipei. 1994; 1:500-07.
- Barnes M . Power factor correction in Switched Reluctance Motor Drives, Power Electr. and Variable Speed Drives, Orlando, FL , 1998, 1, pp. 17-21.
- Gopalarathnam T. A high power factor converter topology for Switched Reluctance Motor Drives. IEEE Trans Pittsburgh, PA, USA, 2002; 3:1647-52.
- Naruka MS. Power quality improvement in switched reluctance motor drive using zeta converter. IJEAT, 2013; 3(2):1-5. ISSN: 2249-8958.
- Vishvanathan M. An review power factor correction in SRM drives using brigeless converters. TELKOMNIKA Indonesian Journal of Electrical Engineering. 2015; 14(3):441 - 45.
- Singh B. A review of single-phase improved power quality AC–DC converters. IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron. 2003; 50(5):962–81 .
- Singh B. Comprehensive study of single-phase AC–DC power factor corrected converters with high-frequency isolation. IEEE Trans. Ind. Informat. 2011; 7(4):540-56.
- Enjeti PN. A high performance single phase ac to dc rectifier with Input power factor correction. IEEE trans. San. Diego, CA, 1993, 190-95.
- Singh B. Analysis, Design, Modeling, Simulation and Development of Single-Switch AC-DC Converters for Power Factor and Efficiency Improvement, JPE. 2008; 8(1):1-9.
- Rrezvani F, Mozafari B, Faghihi F. Power Quality Analysis for Photovoltaic System Considering Unbalanced Voltage. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 July; 8(14):1-7.
- Ravi M. Comparison of PV Supported DVR and DSTATCOM with Multiple Feeders in Stand Alone WECS by Mitigating Power Quality Problems. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 July; 8(15):1-10.
- Rasheed A, Rao GK. Improvement of Power Quality for Microgrid using Fuzzy based UPQC Controller. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Sep; 8(23):1-5.
- Srinivasarao B, Sreenivasan G, Sharma S. Comparison of Facts Controller for Power Quality Problems in Power System. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Nov; 8(31):1-4.
- Pradeep M, Kumar MS, Sathiskumar S, Raja SH. Interleave Isolated Boost Converter as a Front End Converter for Solar/Fuel Cell Application to Attain Maximum Voltage in MATLAB. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Apr; 9(16):1-5.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.