Total views : 139
To Propose a Novel Technique for Detection and Isolation of Dictionary Attack in Wireless Sensor Network
Objectives: The main objective of this work is to isolate dictionary attack in wireless sensor networks. In the existing techniques Diffie-Helman algorithm has been proposed for the secure channel establishment from source to destination. In the Diffie-Helman algorithm dictionary attack is possible which reduce network performance. In this work, ECC technique is used which will detect malicious nodes from the network. Methods/Statistical Analysis: The wireless sensor networks are the kind of network in which sensor nodes can sense natural conditions and it is conveyed to the far spots like a backwoods, deserts and so on. Wireless sensor networks have faced various kinds of issues and challenges out of which maintaining the maintenance of security has proven to be one of the greatest concern. There has been a higher probability of occurrence of an attack due to all such problems related to security. All such discussions related to wireless sensor networks have been made in this paper. Wireless sensor networks have self configuring nature which results in dictionary attack is possible in the network. The delay and energy consumption get an increment as a result. The throughput of the network also gets affected as it gets reduced. Henceforth, for the purpose of detecting and isolating these dictionary attacks, a new technique has been put forth. The proposed technique is based on Elliptic Curve Cryptography (ECC), in which digital signature is calculated not which do not satisfy the condition of signature can be marked as malicious. Findings: In the existing technique to establish secure channel from source to destination, Diffie-Helman algorithm has been proposed in which secure session key is established. Due to self configuring nature of WSN dictionary attack is possible in the network. The ECC technique is used to ensure data integrity in the network. In the ECC technique, digital signature is generated as the source end and that digital signature is verified at the destination end. If the signature is not verified at the destination, then intrusion is detected in the network. To detect malicious node data integrity is confirmed per hop and the nodes which do not satisfy the condition of digital signature are detected as the malicious node. The proposed method is implemented in MATLAB and it has been analyzed that the network performance is increased in terms of energy consumption, throughput and delay after detection of malicious nodes.
Dictionary Attack, Diffie-Helman, ECC, Intrusion, WSN.
- Yi-Ying Z, Xiang-zhen L, Liu YA. The detection and defense of DoS attack for wireless sensor network. Journal of China Universities of Posts and Telecommunications. 2012 Oct; 19(2):52–6.
- Hailun T, Diethelm O, Zic J, SanjayJha S. A confidential and DoS-resistant multi-hop code dissemination protocol for wireless sensor network. In the Proceedings of the second Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) conference on Wireless network security, Zurich, Switzerland; 2009 Mar 16–19. p. 245–52.
- Kumar S, Verma SK, Kumar A. Enhanced threshold sensitive stable election protocol for heterogeneous wireless sensor network. Wireless Personal Communications, Springer. 2015 Dec; 85(4):2643–56.
- Raymond DR, Midkiff SF. Denial-of-service in wireless sensor networks: attacks and defenses. Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) Pervasive Computing. 2008 Jan – Mar; 7(1):74–81.
- Guoxing Z, Weisong S, Julia D. TARF: a Trust-Aware Routing Framework for wireless sensor networks. European Conference on Wireless Sensor Networks (EWSN), Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Springer. 2010; 5970:65–80.
- Hero M, Rosli S, Moravejosharieh A. Overview of security issues in wireless sensor networks. In the Proceedings of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) Third International Conference on Computational Intelligence, Modelling and Simulation; 2011 Sep 20–22. p. 308–11.
- Jing D, Richard H, Shivakant M. Defending against path based DoS attacks in wireless sensor networks. In the Proceedings of the 3rd Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) workshop on Security of ad hoc and sensor networks, Alexandria, Virginia, USA; 2005 Nov 5. p. 89–96.
- Lindsey S, Raghavendra C. PEGASIS: Power Efficient Gathering in Sensor Information Systems. Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) Aerospace Conference Proceedings. 2002 Mar 9–16; 3:1125–30.
- Subramanian G, Ramachandran A. Efficient and secure routing protocol for wireless sensor networks through SNR based dynamic clustering mechanisms. Journal of Communications and Networks. 2013 Aug; 15(4):422–9.
- Supriya D, Ripul R. Review on LEACH-homogeneous and heterogeneous wireless sensor networks. International Journal of Innovative Research in Computer and Communication Engineering. 2015; 3(7):4442–7.
- VanitaR, Dhir RR. A study of ad-hoc network: a review. International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Science and Software Engineering. 2013 Mar; 3(3):135–8.
- Chandirasekaran D, Jayabarathi T. A case study of biooptimization techniques for wireless sensor network in node location awareness. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Nov; 8(31):1–9. Crossref.
- Devasena A, Sowmya B. Wireless sensor network in disaster management. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Jul; 8(15):1–6. Crossref.
- Krishna KR, Rao KRRM. Hole detection and hole healing in a wireless sensor network using LeDiR methodology. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Aug; 9(30):1–7. Crossref.
- Asl VF, Vaziri B, Ravanmehr R. A method to detect data stream changes in the wireless sensor network using the gossiping protocol. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Jul; 9(27):1–11.
- Kothawade N, Biradar A, Kodmelwar K, Tambe KP, Deshpande V. Performance analysis of wireless sensor network by varying reporting rate. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Jul; 9(26):1–6. Crossref.
- Pathan ASK, Lee HW, Hong CS. Security in wireless sensor networks: issues and challenges. In the Proceedings of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) 8th International Conference Advanced Communication Technology. 2006 Feb 20–22; 2:1048–54.
- Chakrabarti S, Singhal M. Password-based authentication: preventing dictionary attacks. Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) Computer Society; 2007. p. 68–74.
- Reddy MS, Rao KR. Fire accident detection and prevention monitoring system using wireless sensor network enabled android application. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 May; 9(17):1–5. Crossref.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.