Total views : 331
Impact of Temperature Variation on Resonant Frequency of Active Grounded Inductor-based Bandpass Filter
Objective: This paper proposes an electronically tunable active grounded inductor circuit using VDVTA as a new active element. The circuit can replace spiral passive inductors for all Analog Signal Processing and data communications operations. Method/Analysis: The impact of temperature variation on its resonant frequency is investigated using Virtuoso Analog Design Environment of Cadence @ 45-nm CMOS technology node. Findings: This paper carries out a study on CMOS realization of Voltage Differencing Voltage Transconductance Amplifier (VDVTA) and its application as an active grounded inductor. A Bandpass filter circuit is realized using the VDVTA based grounded inductor. Furthermore, the impact of temperature variation on the response of the bandpass filter is analyzed and presented. Novelty/Improvement: The proposed circuit uses only active elements and a grounded capacitor. Due to this, the circuit finds applications in all canonical operations and integrated circuit implementations.
Active Inductor, Bandpass Filter, Volatge Differencing Voltage Transconductance Amplifier (VDVTA)
- Yuan F. CMOS active inductors and transformers. New York: Springer; 2008.
- Ford RL, Girling FEJ. Active filters and oscillators using simulated inductance. Electronics Letters. 1996 Feb; 2(2).
- Prescott AJ. Loss compensated active gyrator using differential input operational amplifier. Electronics Letters. 1966 Jul; 2(7):283–4.
- Roy SCD. On operational amplifier simulation of grounded inductance. Archiv fuer Elektronik and Uebertragungstechnik. 1975 Mar; 29:107–15.
- Yuce E, Minaei S. A modified CFOA and its applications to simulated inductors, capacitance multipliers, and analog filters. IEEE Transactions Circuits and Systems. 2008 Feb; 55(1):254–63.
- Kacar F, Kuntman H. CFOA-based lossless and lossy inductance simulators. Radioengineering. 2011 Sep; 20(3):627–31.
- Yesil A, Kacar F, Gurkan K. Lossless grounded inductance simulator employing single VDBA and its experimental band-pass filter application. International Journal of Electronics and Communication (AEU). 2014 Feb; 68(2):143– 50.
- Senani R. Active simulation of inductors using current conveyors. Electronics Letters. 1978 Jan; 14(15):483–84.
- Prasad D, Bhaskar DR, Singh AK. New grounded and floating simulated inductance circuits using current differencing transconductance amplifiers. Radioengineering. 2010 Apr; 19(1):194–8.
- Prasad D, Bhaskar DR. Grounded and floating inductance simulation circuits using VDTAs. Scientific Research, Circuits and Systems. 2012 Oct; 3(4):342–7.
- Gupta G, Singh S, Bhooshan S. VDTA based electronically tunable voltage-mode and trans-admittance biquad filter. Circuits and Systems. 2015 Mar; 6(3):93–102.
- Arbel AF, Goldminz L. Output stage for current-mode feedback amplifiers, theory and applications. Analog Integrated Circuits and Signal Processing. 1992 Sep; 2(3):243– 55.
- Yesil A, Kacar F, Kuntman H. New simple CMOS realization of voltage differencing transconductance amplifier and its RF filter application. Radioengineering. 2011 Sep; 20(3):632–7.
- Filanovsky IM, Allam A. Mutual compensation of mobility and threshold voltage temperature effects with applications in CMOS circuits. IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems - 1: Fundamental Theory and Applications. 2001 Jul; 48(7):876–84.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.