Total views : 192
Sine and Cosine Compensators for CIC Filter Suitable for Software Defined Radio
Background/Objective: Software Defined Radio (SDR) is regarded as one of the most important emerging technologies. The aim of SDR is to support different wireless standards in a single radio device. Methods/Analysis: Different wireless standard requires different sample rate for baseband processing. This can be achieved by Sample Rate Conversion (SRC) technique. Comb-Integrator-Comb (CIC) filter plays an important role in SRC. But single stage or multistage identical CIC filter cannot provide better passband and stopband characteristics. So, some compensation techniques are required to obtain better CIC filter response. Findings: This paper discusses about sine and cosine compensator. It compares the result of sine compensated and cos compensated CIC filter with uncompensated CIC filter. Application/Improvements: It also focuses on the cascade of both sine and cos compensator with CIC filter to get tradeoff between refinements of both passband and stopband characteristics.
CIC Filter, Cosine based Compensator, Multistage CIC Filter, Sine based Compensator, Sine-Cosine based Compensator.
- Tribble AC. The software defined radio: Fact and fiction. IEEE Radio and Wireless Symposium; Orlando, FL. 2008 Jan 22-24. p. 5–8.
- Hentschel T, Fettweis G. The digital front-end – bridge between RF and baseband-processing. In: Tuttlebee WHW, editor. Dresden University of Technology, Chapter 6. Software defined radio: Enabling technologies.
- Shafer O, Buck. Discrete-time signal processing. Prentice Hall Inc; 2000.
- Hogenauer EB. An economical class of digital filters for decimation and interpolation. IEEE Trans on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing. 1981 Apr; 29(2):155–62.
- Singh C, Patterh MS, Sharma S. Design of programmable digital down converter for WiMax. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2009; 2(3).
- Abbas M. On the implementation of integer and non-integer sampling rate conversion. Linköping, Sweden: LiU-Tryck; 2012.
- Milic L. Multirate filtering for digital signal processing: MATLAB applications. IGI Global; 2009.
- Singh A, Singhal P, Ratan R. Multistage implementation of multirate CIC filter. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2011 Aug; 4(8).
- Jovanovic D, Mitra. On design of CIC decimation filter with improved response. IEEE ISCCSP; Malta. 2008 Mar 12-14.
- Kwentus A, Willson AJr. Application of filter sharpening to cascaded integrator-comb decimation filters. IEEE Trans on Signal Processing. 1997 Feb; 45(2):457–67.
- Jovanovic D, Mitra. A new two-stage sharpened comb decimator. IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems: Regular papers. 2005 Jul; 52(7):1414–20.
- Jovanovic D, Harrist. Design of CIC compensator filter in a digital IF Receiver. IEEE ISCIT; Lao. 2008 Oct 21-23. p. 638–43.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.