Total views : 290
High Vt-low Leakage FDSOI Device for Ultra-low Power Operation
Objectives: The objective of this research paper is to design High Vt-Low Leakage FDSOI Device for Ultra-Low Power Operation. Methods/Analysis: This research work presents the modeling of fully depleted silicon on insulator (FDSOI) device with 350-nm gate length. This paper investigates threshold voltage (Vt) and leakage power of the different FDSOI devices in order to design high threshold voltage and low leakage device. Findings: It is observed that device5 shows higher Vt and dissipates lower leakage power when compared to that of other devices (devices1−4). The threshold voltage and subthreshold slope (SS) of device5 are observed to be 0.199 V (~0.2 V) and 80 mV/decade respectively. The leakage power of the device at drain voltage of 1 V is 41.9 nW. Novelty /Improvement: This kind of FDSOI device is a platform for designing circuits at nano scale regime for ultra-low power applications.
FDSOI Device, Leakage Power, Threshold Voltage, Subthreshold Slope
- Kononchuk O, Nguyen BY. Silicon-On-Insulator (SOI) Technology. Elsevier; 2014.
- Neil W, Harris D. CMOS VLSI Design: A Circuits and Systems Perspective: United States. Pearson, 4th edition; 2010 Mar.
- Semiconductor Industry Association (SIA), International Technology Roadmap for Semiconductors [Internet]. [Cited 2016 Jun 08]. Available from: http://www.semiconductors. org/news/2016/07/08/press_releases_2015/international_ technology_roadmap_for_semiconductors_examines_ next_15_years_of_chip_innovation/.
- Prabhakaran G, Kannan V. Design analysis of high gain, low power and low voltage a-Si TFT based operational amplifier. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Jul; 8(16):1–10. DOI: 10.17485/ijst/2015/v8i16/59228.
- Noel JP, Thomas O, Jaud M, Weber O, Poiroux T, FenouilletBeranger C, Rivallin P, Scheiblin P, Andrieu F, Vinet M, Rozeau O, Boeuf F, Faynot O, Amara A. Multi-UTBB FDSOI devices architechtures for low-power CMOS circuit. IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices. 2011 Aug; 58(8):2473–82.
- Yang Y, Markov S, Cheng B, Zain Z, Liu X, Cheng A. Backgate bias dependence of the statistical variability of FDSOI MOSFETs with thin BOX. IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices. 2013 Feb; 60(2):739–45.
- Makipaa J, Billoint O. FDSOI versus BULK CMOS at 28 nm node which technology for ultra-low power design? IEEE International Symposium on Circuits and Systems (ISCAS); 2013 May. p. 554–7.
- Gaillardin M, Martinez M, Paillet P, Raine M, Andrieu F, Faynot O, Thomas O. Total ionizing dose effects mitigation strategy for nano scaled FDSOI technologies. IEEE Transactions on Nuclear Science. 2014 Dec; 61(6):3023–9.
- Key Trends in IoT and Role of FDSOI and SOI [Internet]. [Cited 2015 Jan 23]. Available from: http://www.soiconsortium.org/fully-depleted-soi/presentations/january-2015/ MS-SOIICPRS1.2315.pdf.
- Cauchy X, Andrieu EF. Questions and answers on fully depleted SOI technology. SOI Industry Consortium; 2010 Apr. p. 1–17.
- Trivedi VP, Fossum JG. Scaling fully depleted SOI CMOS. IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices. 2003 Oct; 50(10):2095–103.
- Li X, Parke SA, Wilamowski W. Threshold voltage control for deep sub-micrometer fully depleted SOI MOSFET. Proceedings of the 15th Biennial University/Government/ Industry Microelectronics Symposium; 2003 Jun-Jul. p. 284–7.
- Chen J, Solomon R, Chan TY, Ko PK, Hu C. Threshold voltage and C-V characteristics of SOI MOSFET’s related to Si film thickness variation on SIMOX wafers. IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices. 1992 Oct; 39(10):2346–53.
- Dwivedi AK, Tyagi S, Islam A. Threshold voltage extraction and its reliance on device parameters @ 16-nm process technology. Third International Conference on Computer, Communication, Control and Information Technology (C3IT); 2015 Feb. p. 1–6.
- Sekigawa T, Hayashi Y. Calculated threshold-voltage characteristics of an XMOS transistor having an additional bottom gate. Solid-State Electronics. 1987 Sep; 27(8):827–8.
- Lu Z, Collaert N, Aoulaiche M, Wachter B, Keersgieter A, Fossum JG, Altimime L, Jurczak M. Realizing super-steep subthreshold slope with conventional FDSOI CMOS at low-bias voltages. IEEE International Electron Devices Meeting (IEDM); 2010 Dec. p. 16.61–16.63.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.