Total views : 298
Robust Study and Design of a Low Power CMOS CSVCO using 45nm Technology
This paper consist of the design and detailed study of a three stage Current Starved Voltage Controlled Oscillator having a very low voltage supply of 1V with low phase noise. The Three stage CSVCO is designed. This work is being done on Cadence virtuoso analog and digital IC design tools with gpdk 45nm CMOS technology process. The voltage supply is taken to be 1V which is low and quite useful according to the latest trends. The center frequency is taken to be 2.4 GHz which is best suitable for satellite and many other applications. The proposed CSVCO consumes low power, low area, low phase noise and high oscillation frequency. The design procedure adopted and the simulation results acquired are illustrated. This CSVCO is suitable for a fast locking PLL, for frequency synthesizer, for clock generation and recovery etc. The results obtained are compared with the previous works and improvements are observed. The Phase noise of the proposed CSVCO is less as compared to the other works.
CMOSFET (Complementary Metal Oxide Semiconductor Field Effect Transistor); CSVCO(Current Starved Voltage Controlled Oscillator); low area; low phase noise, PLL (Phase locked loop).
- Razvi B. Design of Analog CMOS Integrated Circuits. Mc-Graw Hill. 2000 Sep.
- Patil RK, Nasre VG. A Performance Comparison of Current Starved VCO for PLL in 0.18μm CMOS Process. International Journal of Engineering and Innovative technology (IJEIT). 2012 Feb; 1(2):1–5.
- Jovanovi CG, Cev MG, Stamenkovic. A CMOS Voltage Controlled Ring Oscillator with Improved Frequency Stability. Scientific Publication of the state university of Novi Pazar. 2010; 2 (1):1–9.
- Rout PK, Acharya DP, panda GA. Multi Objective Optimization based Fast and Low Phase Noise Current Starved VCO. IEEE transaction semiconductor manufacturing. 2014 Feb; 27(1):43–50.
- Leung B. A Switching –Based Phase Noise Model for CMOS Ring Oscillators Based on Multiple Thresholds Crossing. IEEE TCAS I. 2010 Nov, 57 (11), pp. 2858-2869
- Abidi AA. Phase Noise and Jitter in CMOS Ring Oscillators. IEEE Journal of solid state circuits. 2006 Jul; 41(8):1803–1816.
- Markovic D, Wang CC, Alarcon LP, Liu TT , Rabaey JM.Ultralow-power design in near-threshold region. In proceedings of the IEEE, 2010 Feb; 98(2):237–252.
- Gupta S, Raychowdhury A, Roy K. Digital computation in sub threshold region for ultra low power operation, A device circuit architecture co design perspective. In Proceeding of the IEEE. 2010 Feb; 98(2):160–90.
- Verma S, Xu J, Lee TH. A Multiply-by-3 Coupled Ring Oscillator for Low Power Frequency Synthesis. IEEE Journal Solid State Circuits. 2004 Apr; 39:709–713.
- Liu, Huihuna. Design of Low Phase Noise and Fast Locking PLL Frequency Synthesizer. International Conference on Electric Information and Control Engineering. 2011 Apr.p. 4113–4116.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.