Total views : 206
Comparison of BER Performance of Various Adaptive Modulation Schemes in OFDM Systems
Objectives: The aim of future generation in mobile communication system is impeccably to integrate different types of real time services such as e-mail, speedy communication, video streaming and multimedia applications.Methods/Analysis: The proposed method for future generation is Adaptive Modulation of Orthogonally Frequency Division Multiplexing (AM-Orthogonal FDM) technique. Orthogonal FDM modulation scheme provide maximum data rate, robustness against multipath fading and bandwidth saving up to fifty percentage compared to existing one. The performance of the system is improved according to the channel fading conditions, adaptive modulation is employed in AM-OFDM. Findings: We consider in this research work various adaptive digital modulation techniques and compare the received Bit Error Rate (BER) vs. Signal to Noise Ratio (SNR) of the system in various adaptive modulation techniques with the proposed one. The existing adaptive systemshow the BER is 10-3.9 for 18 dB SNR, however the proposedtechnique show the BER is 10-5.7 for the same SNR value. The BER improvement of proposed oneis 98 percentage compared with existing method. Novelty/Improvement: The novelty of proposed method isgood modulation method ofM-ary Phase Shift Keying is adapted, depending onthe currentchannel conditions measured by channel estimator and this information is fed back to the input.
AWGN, Adaptive Modulation, Bit Error Rate, Channel Fading, OFDM, Signal to Noise Ratio.
- Yang T-S, Duel-Hallen A, Hallen H. Reliable adaptive modulation aided by observations of another fading channel. IEEE Transactions on Communications. 2004; 52.
- Chatterjee S, Fernando WAC, Wasantha MK. Adaptive modulation based MC-CDMA systems for 4G wireless consumer applications. IEEE Transactions on Consumer Electronics. 2003. p. 995–1003. DOI: 10.1109/TCE.2003.1261187.
- Chow PS, Cioffi JM, Bingham JAC. A practical discrete multitone transceiver loading algorithm for data transmission over spectrally shaped channels. IEEE Transactions on Communications. 1995; 43(234):773–5.
- Allocation, P. et al. Multiuser OFDM with Adaptive. 1999; 17:1747–58.
- Haider SA. Adaptive turbo coded OFDM. Journal of Digital Information Management. 2007; 5:364–7.
- Eyceoz T, Duel-Hallen A, Hallen H. Deterministic channel modeling and long range prediction of fast fading mobile radio channels. IEEE Communications Letters. 1998; 2.
- Faezah J, Sabira K. Adaptive modulation for OFDM systems. International Journal of Communication Networks and Information Security. 2009; 1.
- Harivikram TS, Harikumar R, Babu CG, Murugamanickam P. Adaptive modulation and coding rate for OFDM systems. International Journal of Emerging Technology and Advanced Engineering. 2009 Jan.
- Jajoria S, Singh S, Prasad SVAV. Analysis of BER performance of OFDM system by adaptive modulation; 2012.
- Tan PTP, Wu YWY, Sun SSS. Link adaptation based on adaptive modulation and coding for multiple-antenna OFDM system. IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications. 2008; 26:1599–606.
- Nagar KK, Sharma K. Adaptive OFDM implementation using fuzzy inference system. International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Science and Software Engineering. 2013; 3:309–14.
- Sastry SK. Adaptive modulation for OFDM system using fuzzy logic interface. 2010 IEEE International Conference on Software Engineering and Service Sciences (ICSESS); 2010.
- Gupta A, Chaudhury S. Adaptive modulation selection scheme in MIMO OFDM wireless systems. ITSI Transactions on Electrical and Electronics Engineering. 2013; 1(3):7–10.
- Ahmed MH, Yanikomeroglu H, Falconer D, Mahmoud S. Performance enhancement of joint adaptive modulation, coding and power control using cochannel-interferer assistance and channel reallocation [Internet]. Available from: https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/1f50/ad50c8882b3e865f33f6173088f84908dfe2.pdf.
- Duel-Hallen A, Hu S, Hallen H. Long range prediction of fading signals: Enabling adaptive transmission for mobile radio channels. IEEE Signal Processing Magazine. 2000; 17:62–75.
- Goldsmith AJ, Chua SG. Adaptive coded modulation for fading channels. IEEE Transactions on Communications. 1998; 46:595–602.
- Goswami VG, Sharma S. Performance analysis of different M-ARY modulation techniques over wireless fading channel. IOSR Journal of Electronics and Communication Engineering. 4:2278–834
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.