Total views : 237
Environment Monitoring System and Traffic Control Using Vehicular Network
Objectives: This paper aims at providing a feasible solution for monitoring the environment as well as to control the traffic using vehicular network. Methods/Statistical Analysis: The MQ-2 gas sensor and the GPS Module are interfaced with the Raspberry Pi to facilitate the vehicular network. The well integrated module helps in making the routine life of getting into traffic avoidable. Findings: This work effectively gives a solution to control the traffic as well as to monitor the environmental pollution. It helps to reduce the pollution along with the traffic. This can be implemented on the vehicles to provide a better communication between the vehicles. Application/Improvement: This lead to the implementation of a network which works on the grounds of the vehicle communication and brings out a better throughput.
Artificially Intelligent, Automobile, GPS Module, MQ-2 Gas Sensor, Raspberry Pi¸ Traffic Congestion.
- Reshi AA, Shafi S, Kumaravel A, VehNode V. Wireless Sensor Network Platform for Automobile Pollution Control, Proceedings of IEEE Conference on Information and Communication Technologies, 2013, p. 963-66.
- Somov A, Bar A, Savkin A, Spirjakin D, Pirjakin D, Passerone R. Development of Wireless Sensor Network for Combustion Gas Monitoring, Sensors and Actuators. 2011: 171:217-25.
- Ferdoush A, Li X. Wireless Sensor Network System Design Using Arduino for Environment Monitoring Applications, Procedia Computer Science. 2014; 34:109-10.
- Coimbra F, Delicato D, Paulo F, Pires P, Pirmez L, Luiz L. A Flexible Web Server Based Architecture for WSN, Procedia Computer Science. 2014; 34:1-20.
- Wanga F, Hua F, Zhoub D, Suna R, Hua H, Zhaoa K. Estimating Online Vacancies in Real-Time Road Traffic Monitoring with Traffic Sensor Data Stream, ADHOC Networks.2005; 35:3-13.
- Semertzidis T, Dimitropoulos K, Koutsia A, Grammalidis N. Video Sensor Network for Real-Time Traffic Monitoring and Surveillance, Intellectual Transaction System the Institution of Engineering and Technology.2010 Jun; 4(2):103-12.
- Liua T, Cedera A, Mac BJ, Guanc W. Remaining Time Improvement of V2V Communication Based GPS Direction Detection, ADHOC Networks.2002; 458-65.
- Parthasarathi V, Surya M, Akshay B, Siva KM, Vasudevan SK. Smart Control of Traffic Signal System using Image Processing, Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Jul; 8(16):1-5.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.