Total views : 261
Design and Comparative Analysis of Domino Logic Styles
Background/Objective: To design the AND, OR type circuits based on foot based and foot-less based gate domino logic and compare the results. Methods/Statistics: Nowadays VLSI circuits are expected to operate with low power, high speed, less area and noise tolerance. The major challenge in VLSI circuits is to obtain high performance. There are several digital logic techniques available viz. pseudo static CMOS, pass-transistor logic, complementary pass-transistor logic, GDI, dynamic CMOS logic, domino CMOS logic, which can be used to achieve high performance circuits. Findings: Static CMOS circuits have both pull down and pull up networks, but the disadvantage is, total number of transistors in the circuit is more. The dynamic logic circuits overcome the disadvantage of static complementary MOS. On the other side dynamic logic suffers from charge leakage, charge sharing and noise sensitivity, due to sub-threshold leakage current flow in the Pull Down Network (PDN), called stacking effect. When we scale down the technology, these effects will also get increased.
Footed, Foot-Less Domino, Power Dissipation
- Rabaey JM, Chandrakasan A, Nikolic B. Digital integrated circuits: A design perspective. Prentice Hall of India; 2003.
- Dadoria AK, Panwar U. Comparison on different domino logic design for high- performance and leakage-tolerant wide OR gate. International Journal of Engineering Research and Applications. 2013 Nov-Dec; 3(6):2048–52.
- Meher P, Mahapatra KK. Modifications in CMOS dynamic logic style: A review paper. Journal of Springer. 2014; 96(4):391–9.
- Oklobdzija VG, Montoye RK. Design performance tradeoff sin CMOS domino logic. Proceedings of IEEE Custom Integrated Circuits Conference; 1985 May. p. 334–7.
- Verma S, Manzoor M, Manzoor M. Noise tolerant techniques in dynamic CMOS Logic Style: A review paper. Fifth International Conference on Communication Systems and Network Technologies; 2015. p. 876–80.
- Ding L, Mazumder P. On circuit techniques to improve noise immunity of CMOS Dynamic Logic. IEEE Transactions on Very Large Scale Integration (VLSI) Systems. 2004 Sep; 12(9):910–25.
- Pretorius JA, Shubat AS, Salama CAT. Charge redistribution and noise margins in domino CMOS logic. IEEE Transaction on Circuits System. 1986 Aug; 33(8):786–93.
- Souza GP. Dynamic logic circuit with reduced charge leakage. United States Patent; 1996 Jan.
- Schorn EB. NMOS charge-sharing prevention device for dynamic logic circuits. United States Patent 5 838 169; 1998 Nov. p. 1–7.
- Wang L, Shanbhag NR. Noise-tolerant dynamic circuit design. Proceedings of International Symposium on Circuits Systems; 1999. p. 549–52.
- Murabayashi F. 2.5 V novel CMOS circuit techniques for a 150 MHz superscalar RISC processor. Proceedings on European Solid-State Circuits Conference; 1995. p. 178–81.
- Rathor VS, Khandelwal S, Akashe S. Domino logic topologies of OR gate with variable threshold voltage keeper. IOSR-JVSP. 2014 Jul-Aug; 4(4):16–22.
- Pandey AK, Mishra RA, Nagaria RK. New noise tolerant domino logic circuits. World Applied Sciences Journal. 2013; 27 (2):257–68.
- Sharma S, Kansal EM. Energy efficient and high speed domino logic circuit design techniques: An overview. International Journal of Engineering Research and General Science. 2015 May-Jun; 3(3):1–10.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.