Total views : 283
Mental State Recognition by using Brain Waves
Mental State classification plays vital role in communication between human and computer. It can be classified by brain waves. Brain signals recording methods along scalp are invasive and non-invasive. The advanced common method is noninvasive. The 10-10 and 10-20 electrodes system standards are used in the non-invasive method. It is aimed to find Mental State of a sample by using EEG signals. In this work EEG sample are collected from the DEAP database. 30 preprocessed EEG signals from DEAP data sets are worked to get different frequency band by Welch method. Power spectral density in alpha and beta band is tabulated. The valence arousal points from the pre-processed data is obtained from the matlab files Four mental states are classified as four quadrants of graph. 30 participants are classified into four mental states namely happy, stressed, depressed and relaxed in MATLAB. As result four mental states are classified as four quadrants of graph.
BCI, EEG, MS, MS PSD
- Malkawi M, Murad O. Artificial neuro fuzzy logic system for detecting human emotions. Malkawi and Murad HumanCentric Computing and Information Sciences; 2013 Mar. p. 1–13.
- Hatamikia S, Nasrabadi AM. Recognition of emotional states induced by music videos based on nonlinear feature extraction and SOM classification. 21st Iranian Conference on Biomedical Engineering; 2014 Nov. p. 333–7.
- Anbumani A, Sathishkumar A. Emotion analysis from physiological signal using EEG. International Journal of Engineering Sciences and Management Research. 2014 Jul; 1(2):1–21.
- Lee YH, Ahn H, Cho HJ, Lee JW. Recognition of facial emotion through face analysis based on quadratic bezier curves. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Dec; 8(35):1–9.
- Kim H. Anxiety, depression and cognitive function of communitydwelling elderly in South Korea. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Aug; 8(18):1–8.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.