Total views : 204
Intelligent Two Wheeler System
Objectives:This paper focuses on the potential usage of micro-controllers in the mid two wheeler segment by introducing a set of features. The features are categorized as Security and Vehicle related features. In Security, features like Key Reminder and Vehicle Theft Info are considered. In Vehicle, Fuel Theft Info, Disc pad Replacement, Rear Break Light Replacement, Battery Replacement and Vehicle Service Reminder are considered. The feature acts as indicators for decision making, appropriate actions taken by the owner of the vehicle can lead to reduced stress, less maintenance cost. Methods/Statistical Analysis: In Vehicle, Fuel Theft Info, Disc pad Replacement, Rear Break Light Replacement, Battery Replacement and Vehicle Service Reminder are considered. These feature acts as indicators for decision making. Appropriate actions taken by the owner of the vehicle can lead to reduced stress, less maintenance cost. Features like Rear Break Light Replacement and Disc pad replacement helps in avoiding the accidents. The former one rarely gets noticed by the driver hence the intimation to driver in the front dash board helps in avoiding accidents from the rear, the later helps in avoiding the sudden wheel locking due to wearing of disc pad. The feature implementation is simulated in Proteas environment and reliability of the results is ensured through hardware implementations and observation of the results. Findings: Feature introduction would require introducing new hardware and making design changes to the vehicle. Hence direct introduction of the features in the market is not possible without the support of vehicle manufactures. People would get benefitted if the features get introduced to vehicles as timely information gets received. Application/Improvements: All the features can be directly implemented in the two wheelers. Advancement to the existing implementation would be the introduction of IOT features, so that the owner gets to know the details directly to his mobile device.
Embedded Software, Microcontroller, Two Wheelers.
- SenseGiz Find can help you never lose anything ever again. 2015. Available from: http://techspective.net/2015/05/15/ sensegiz-find-can-help-you-never-lose-anything-everagain/
- Prashantkumar R, Sagar V, Santosh C, Nambiar S. Two wheeler vehicle security system. International Journal of Engineering Sciences and Emerging Technologies. 2013 Dec; 6(3):324–34.
- Lepcha NS, Sherpa T, Tamang TS. GSM based fuel theft detector using microcontroller. IJAEEE. 2015; 4(3):1–6.
- Rukumani SP, Khandhan C, Padaniappan J, Vinumathi M, Rama S, SaiSushimitha P, Madhan R. Detection of fuel theft and vehicle position with third-party monitoring software. International Journal of Advanced Computational Engineering and Networking. 2013 Sept; 1(7):1–7.
- Amarnath SM, Rizal MS, Kamely A. An investigation toward development of economical brake lining wear alert system. International Journal of Engineering and Technology. 2009 Oct; 9(9):63–8.
- Phiphobmongkol S, Masiri S. Car maintenance notification application on Android platform. International Journal of Information Technology and Computer Science. 2014 May; 14(1):11–24.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.