Total views : 370
A Novel Algorithm based on Contourlet Transform for Extracting Paint Features to Determine Drawing Style and Authorship
Objective: To develop a hybrid authentication method, Painting Authentication using Contourelet Transform (PAUCT), combining a contourlet transform algorithm with HMT-Fisher distance information for the purpose of art authentication based on the analysis of the background of paintings. Methods/Statistical Analysis: Methodology includes feature extraction from samples, as well as modeling using Hidden Markov tree and Fisher distance information. This is followed by validation against the work of the original artist through feature testing, with final output measured and validated using a variety of statistical methods to determine accuracy. Findings: Application/Improvements: The proposed model improves accuracy in detecting fake art, to 85% from 80% in current works, due to its applicability to discrete data which allows brushstroke analysis at different resolutions.
Image Processing, Painting Analysis, Paintings Authentication, Painting Classification, Signal Processing.
- Lamberti F, Sanna A, Paravati G. Computer-assisted analysis of painting brushstrokes: Digital image processing for unsupervised extraction of visible features from van Gogh's works. EURASIP Journal on Image and Video Processing. 2014; 53(1):1–17. Crossref
- Padmapriya P, Manikandan K, Jeyanthi K, Renuga V, Sivaraman J. Detection and classification of brain tumor using radial basis function. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016; 9(1).
- Cheng B, Yang J, Yan S, Fu Y, Huang T. Learning with L1graph for Image Analysis. IEEE Transactions on Image Processing. 2010; 19(4):858–66. Crossref
- Kumar NKS, Kumar KK, Rajkumar N, Amsavalli K. Search engine optimization by fuzzy classification and prediction. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016; 9(2):1–5.
- Condorovici R, Florea C, Vertan, C. Author identification for digitized paintings collections. IEEE International Symposium in Signals Circuits and Systems; 2013. p. 1–4. Crossref
- Agrawal R. Design and development of data classification methodology for uncertain data. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016; 9(3):1–12. Crossref
- Qiao L, Chen S, Tan X. Sparsity preserving projections with application to face recognition. Pattern Recognition. 2011; 33(1):331–41.
- Venkataraman S, Sivakumar S, Selvaraj R. A novel clustering based feature subset selection framework for effective data classification. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016; 9(4):1–9. Crossref
- Qi H, Taeb A, Hughes SM. Visual stylometry using background selection and wavelet-HMT-based Fisher information distances for attribution and dating of impressionist paintings. Signal Processing. 2013; 93(3):541–53. Crossref
- Amarnath S, Balamurugan AA. Metaheuristic approach for efficient feature selection: A data classification perspective. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016; 9(4):1–6. Crossref
- Chandrappa DN, Ravishankar M, Babe RDR. Face detection in color images using skin color model algorithm based on skin color information. 3rd International Conference on Electronics Computer Technology; 2011. p. 254–8. Crossref
- Uma KV, Appavu alias Balamurugan S. Classification of adverse event thyroid cancer using naïve entropy and association function. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016; 9(4):1–7. Crossref
- Abry P, Wendt H, Jaffard S. When van gogh meets mandelbrot: Multifractal classification of painting's texture. Signal Processing. 2013; 93(3):554–72. doi:10.1016/j.sigpro.2012.01.016. Crossref
- Zhipeng C, Junda J, Hu H, Wenbin Z. Face detection system based on skin color model. IEEE International Conference on Networking and Digital Society; 2010. p. 664–7. Crossref
- Khan FS, Beigpour S, Weijer J, Felsberg M. Painting-91: A large scale database for computational painting categorization. Machine Vision and Applications. 2014; 25(6):1385–97. Crossref
- Tayal Y, Lamba R, Padhee S. Automatic face detection using color based segmentation. International Journal of Scientific and Research Publications. 2012; 2(6):1–7.
- Saleh B, Abe K, Arora R, Elgammal A. Toward automated discovery of artistic influence. Multimedia Tools and Applications; 2014. p. 1–27.
- Hemalatha, G, Sumathi, CP. A study of techniques for facial detection and expression classification. International Journal of Computer Science and Engineering Survey. 2014; 5(2):27–37. Crossref
- Cetinic E, Grgic S. Automated painter recognition based on image feature extraction. 55th IEEE International Symposium in ELMAR; 2013. p. 19–22.
- Jacobsen CR, Nielsen M. Stylometry of paintings using hidden Markov modelling of contourlet transforms. Signal Processing. 2013; 93(3):579–91. Crossref
- Kim M, Kim J. Quantitative analysis of artists' characteristic styles through biologically-motivated image processing techniques: Uncovering a mentor to Johannes Vermeer. HCI International Posters Extended Abstracts; 2013. p. 258–62.
- Zheng Y, Nie X, Meng Z, Feng W, Zhang K. Layered modeling and generation of Pollock's drip style. The Visual Computer. 2014; 31(5):589–600. Crossref
- Atharifard A, Ghofrani S. Robust component-based face detection using color feature. World Congress on Engineering. 2011; 2:6–8.
- HYang H, Lu J, Brown WP, Daubechies I, Ying L. Quantitative canvas weave analysis using 2-D synchrosqueezed transforms: Application of time-frequency analysis to art investigation. IEEE Signal Processing Magazine. 2015; 32(4):55–63. Crossref
- Chitra S, Balakrishnan G. Comparative study for two color spaces HSCbCr and YCbCr in skin color detection. Applied Mathematical Sciences. 2012; 6(85):4229–38.
- Manzo M, Petrosino A. Attributed relational sift-based regions graph for art painting retrieval. Image analysis and processing–ICIAP; 2013. p. 833–42. Crossref
- Jankowski M. Erosion, dilation and related operators; 2006. p. 1–6.
- Liu H, Chan RH, Yao Y. Geometric tight frame based stylometry for art authentication of van Gogh paintings. arXiv preprint; 2014.
- Hughes JM, Mao D, Rockmore DN, Wang Y, Wu Q. Empirical mode decomposition analysis for visual stylometry. IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence. 2012; 34(11):2147–57. Crossref
- Wu T, Polatkan G, Steel D, Brown W, Daubechies I, Calderbank R. Painting analysis using wavelets and probabilistic topic models.20th IEEE International Conference on Image Processing; 2013. p. 3264–8. Crossref
- Ramalingam V, Balasubramanian C, Palanivel S. Tumor diagnosis in MRI brain image using ACM segmentation and ANN-LM classification techniques. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016; 9(1):1–12.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.