Total views : 244
Environmental Condition of the City of Ishim as a Quality of Life Indicator
Objectives: The goal of this study is an overall assessment of natural resources potential and environmental “health” of the city of Ishim according to the indicating characteristics of small mammals. Methods/Statistical Analysis: The assessment of natural resources potential was made by means of biological monitoring with the use of species biodiversity and cenosis stability indicators. The animals were collected by means of non-selective non-recoverable capture method. Snap traps were placed in trap lines, the animals were identified by morphological and craniological characteristics. The material was collected near Sinitsino village, which is located on the territory of nature reserve in Ishim district. Findings: Within the anthropogenic impact gradient, significant changes have been indicated. Including statistically significant decrease in the number of small mammal species, a simplification of taxonomic cenosis structure, change of their ecological structure in favor of the increase of the percentage share of eusynanthropes and synanthropes and the decrease of the relative share of anthropophilic and neutral species to the extent of their total extinction in both settlement zones.A consistent decrease of species diversity index and stability of small mammal’s community has been indicated all the way from the parkland zone towards the high-rise building area. By means of quality cluster analysis, it has been proven that the zone of city inarable land is differentiated from the parkland zone. Such findings can be explained by the loss of connection with native habitat, the increase of complex influence of urbanization factors, which results in extinction of some neutral and anthropophilic species, a decrease of the number of red-toothed shrews, which take a higher trophic level than other rodents, etc. Application/Improvements: The study has revealed that the essential conditions for the conservation of species biodiversity potential of Ishim include such factors as preservation of greater greenfield areas and protective habitat capacity and a variety of microsites.
Biodiversity Potential, Ecology, Environment, Natural Resources, Small Mammals.
- Strategy of social and economic development of the City of Ishim before the year 2020 and in the long-term perspective before the Year 2030. Ishim [Internet]. [cited 2011]. Available from: http://ishim.admtyumen.ru.
- Bobylev SN, Zubarevich NV, Solovyova SV, Vlasov YS. Sustainable development. Assessment Methodology and Techniques. Economics: Moscow; 2011.
- Khaustov DS. Natural environment as a population quality of life forming factor in Irkutsk region cities: results of expert survey. The News of Irkutsk State Academy of Economics.
- Bykova EA. Zonality of teriocomplexes of urbanized territories (Natural historic aspects of formation and functioning). Lambert Academic publishing: Germany; 2012.
- Gashev SN. Specificity of small mammals community in urbanized habitats of Yamalo-Tashkent Transec. Journal of Tyumen State University. 2007; 6:118–31.
- Gashev SN. Small mammals urbacenosis sustainability in different natural zones. Journal of Samara Scientific Center RAS. 2015; 17(6):14–18.
- Zakharov KV. Urbanization as an essential factor of negative influence on wild animals habitats in Moscow Region. Bulletin of Moscow Society of Naturalists. Biology Sec. 2013; 118(3):10–19.
- Tikhonova GN. Ecologic aspects of small mammals fauna formation in urbanizing territories in central Russia. КМК: Мoscow; 2012.
- Tolkachev OV. Urbanization impact on the population of common shrews in forest ecosystems: Candidate's Thesis in biology. Institute of Bioecology UrО RAS: Yekaterinburg [Internet]. [cited 2007]. Available from: https://www.ipae.uran.ru/sites/default/files/Tolkachev_20_full.pdf.
- Chernousova NF. Small mammals biocenosis in urbagenically disturbed forest ecosystems. Ecology. 2014; 6:439–7.
- Buczkowski G. The effect of urbanization on ant abundance and diversity: A temporal examination of factors affecting biodiversity. Buczkowski G, Richmond DS, Gordon DM, editors. PLoS One. 2012; 7(8):e41729.
- Faeth SH. Urban biodiversity: Patterns and mechanisms. Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences. 1223. Issue: The Year in Ecology and Conservation Biology. 2011:69–81.
- Gortat T. Genetic structure in urban and rural populations of Apodemus agrarius in Poland. Mammalian Biology. 2013; 78:171–7.
- Gortat T. The effects of urbanization - small mammal communities in a gradient of human pressure in Warsaw City, Poland. Polish Journal of Ecology. 2014; 62(1):163–72.
- Klimant P. Communities of small mammals (Soricomorpha, Rodentia) in urbanized environment. Biologia. Section Zoology. 2015; 70(6):839–45.
- Lowry H. Behavioural responses of wildlife to urban environments. Biological Reviews. 2013; 88:537–49.
- Marzluff JM. Conserving Biodiversity in urbanizing areas: Nontraditional views from a bird’s perspective. Cities and the Environment. 2008; 1(2).
- McKinney ML. Effects of urbanization on species richness: A review of plants and animals. Urban Ecosystems. 2015; 11(2):161–76.
- Pautasso M. Scale dependence of the correlation between human population presence and vertebrate and plant species richness. Ecology Letters. 2007; 10(1):16–24.
- Riem JG. Estimating mammalian species diversity across an urban gradient. The American Midland Naturalist. 2012; 168(2):315–32.
- Werner P. The ecology of urban areas and their functions for species diversity. Landscape and Ecological Engineering. 2011; 7:231–40.
- Gashev SN. Mammals in the system of ecologic monitoring (using the example of Tyumen region). Publishing House of Tyumen State University: Tyumen; 2000.
- Levykh AY. Assessment of environmental well-being upon stability index of plant and animal development. Journal of Samara Scientific Center RAS. 2012; 14(5–3):611–14.
- Levykh AY. Phenetic analysis of animal population under the conditions of urboecosystem. Journal of Tyumen State University. 2013; 6:87–95.
- Mukhacheva SV. The role of environment heterogeneity in conservation of small mammals diversity under the conditions of severe industrial pollution. DAN. Biol. Series. 2012; 447(1):106–9.
- Khanski I. Disappearing world: Ecological consequences of the loss of habitat. Moscow; 2010.
- Lebedeva NV. Biodiversity: Textbook for higher educational institutions. VLADOS: Moscow; 2004.
- Bykova EA. Natural and historical aspects of the origin and functioning of urban mammals in Western Siberia, Russia and Uzbekistan. Acta Biologica University Daugavpils. 2015; 15(1):47–64.
- Gashev SN. Notes of the lecture on systems ecology. Publish. Tyumen State University: Tyumen; 2007.
- Litvinov YN. Microprocesses of community evolution (As exemplified by small mammals communities). Journal of Irkutsk State Agricultural Academy. 2008; 30:29–46.
- Odum Y. Ecology. In 2 volumes. V. 2. Mir: Moscow; 1986.
- Shitikov VK. Biodiversity assessment: An attempt of formal generalization. Quantitative methods in ecology and hydrobiology: Collection of Research Papers in memory of A.I. Bakalov. Rozenberg G.S. (ed.), SamSC RAS: Togliatti; 2005. p. 91–129.
- Kindt R. Tree diversity analysis. A manual and software for common statistical methods for ecological and biodiversity studies. Nairobi: World Agroforestry Centre (ICRAF); 2005.
- MacArthur RH. Patterns of species diversity. Biological Reviews. 1965; 40(4):510–33. [Rus. Transl.; MacArthur R. Patterns of Species Diversity. In: Ecological Anthology (comment. by Rozenberg G.S.) Institute of Ecology of the Volga Basin: Togliatti; 2004. p. 297–330.]
- Magurran AE. Measuring biological diversity. Blackwell Publishing, Oxford; 2004.
- Motomura, J. Etude statisique des populations ecologiques. Doobutugaku zassi. Tokyo. 1932; 44:379.
- Yuto ChMM. Fluctuating asymmetry as an indicator of ecological stress in Rhinocypha Colorata (Odonata: Chlorocyphidae) in Iligan City, Mindanao, Philippines. Entomology and Applied Science Letters. 2016; 3:13–20.
- Vasilyev АG. Epigenetic fundamentals of phenetics: On the way to population meronomy. Publish. Akademkniga: Yekaterinburg; 2005.
- Zakharov VM, Baranov АS, Borisov VI, Valetsky АV, Kryazheva NG, Chistyakova ЕK, Chubinishvili АT. Environmental health: Assessment methods. Center of Russian Environmental Policy: Moscow; 2000.
- Yablokov AV. Population Biology. Higher School: Moscow; 1987.
- Berry RJ. Epigenetic polymorphism in wild population of mus musculus. Genetical Research. Cambridge. 1963; 4:193–220.
- Berry RJ. Epigenetic polymorphism of the rodent skeleton. Proceedings of the Zoological Society. 1963; 140:557–615.
- Berry RJ. Inheritance and natural history. William Collins Sons & Co.: London; 1977.
- Grüneberg H. Genetical studies on the skeleton of the mouse. IV. Quasicontinuos variations. Journal of Genetics. 51:95–114.
- Grüneberg H. The pathology of development. Blackwell: Oxford; 1963.
- Sjǿvold T. Non-metrical divergence between skeletal populations. The theoretical foundation and biological importance of C.A.B. Smiths mean measure of divergence. Ossa. 1977; 4(1):1–133.
- Waddington CH. The strategy of the genes: A discussion on some aspects of theoretical biology. Allen and Unwin: London; 1957.
- Vasilvev AG. Evolucionary-ecological analysis of trends in phenogenetic variation of homologous morphological structures: from populations to ecological series of species. Russian Journal of Ecology. 2010; 41(5):365–71.
- Levykh AY. Assessment of resource potential of relict Sinitsino pinewood nature reserve according to small mammals indicators. Humans in the North: Anthropology, Archeology, Ecology: materials. Rus. Conference. Edition 2, Tyumen, 2012 Mar 26–30; 2012. p. 396–8.
- Levykh AY. Morphogenetic structure of population of different small mammals species in the South of Tyumen region and biotopical peculiarities of its formation. Ecological Monitoring and Biodiversity. 2007; 2(1):1–142.
- Ansorge H. Morphological approach to the genetic variability of the common dormouse Muscardinus avellanarius. Peckiana. 2012; 8:265–74.
- Markowski J. Fluctuating asymmetry as an indicator for differentiation among Roe Deer Capreolus capreolus populations. Acta Theriologica. 1993; 38(2):19–31.
- Lens L. Fluctuating asymmetry as an indicator of fitness: Can we bridge the gap between studies? Biological Reviews. 2002; 77:27–38.
- Glennon M. An alternative field technique for estimating diversity of small populations. Journal of Mammalogy. 2002; 83(3):734–42.
- McCleery RA. A Novel method for camera-trapping small mammals. Wildlife Society Bulletin. 2014; 38(4).
- Kozhova OM. Methodology of assessment of ecosystem condition. CECEW: Rostov-on-Don/D; 2000.
- Gashev SN. Mammalogist’s workplace, Database. Registration Certificate RUS 2013620056 0510; 2012.
- Borovikov V. Statistica. Art of Computer Data Analysis: for professionals. Piter: St. Petersburg; 2003.
- Kim ОJ. Factor, Discriminative and Cluster Analysis. Finances and Statistics: Moscow; 1989.
- Forest Resource Record. Muncipal forests of the City of Ishim. Federal Forestry Agency. Federal State Unitary Enterprise Roslesinforg. Tyumen Branch of FSUE “Roslesinforg”. Tyumen; 2014.
- Levykh AY. Population of Small Mammals in Birch Grove Parkland. Urboecosystems: Problems and Development Perspectives: materials of the 3d International Scientific Conference, Ishim; 2008. p. 132–4.
- Report on Ecological Situation in Tyumen Region in 2014. Administration of Tyumen Region [[Internet]. Available from: http://admtyumen.ru.
- Levykh AY, Yermolayeva AV, Tokar ОЕ. Natural history aspects of quality of life formation of the City of Ishim: multi-authored monograph. Publ. IPI named after PP. Yershov (affiliated branch) FSBEI HPO Tyumen State University: Ishim; 2016.
- Kim YS, Choi HS, Kim YS, Kim GY. Effects on quality of life and oral health of the elderly in an oral health promotion program. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 May; 9(20):1–4.
- Kim HY, Yang YK. Relation research on job demand-control-support, work-leisure conflict, quality of life in tourism employee’s. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Jul; 9(26):1–6.
- Reddy BS, Parameshwar KS. Water quality studies of Saralasagar reservoir with reference to physico–chemical parameters. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Aug; 9(29):1–18.
- Youn SH, Ryu SY. The impacts of CSR program on young students' attitudes toward the corporation and natural environment: Tourism study from a convergence perspective. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Jul; 9(26):1–8.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.