Total views : 191
Ecological Safety as a Forming Factor of the Public Quality of Life
Objectives: This article is aimed at a cross-spectrum analysis of satisfaction with the quality of life in the high school students of Ishim town (Tyumen region, Russia), and the actual environmental issues. Methods/Statistical Analysis: Phyto-indication and zoo-indication methods adapted in article to study the water quality in economically significant reservoirs of Ishim. Representatives of various trophic levels were used as bioindication objects: aquatic macrophytes and bony fish: golden carp, roach, ruff. Sociological survey covered 709 senior high school students of Ishim town. The questionnaire included the indicators of the measured quality of life by 10 conditional spheres of social life. Findings: According to the results of a sociological survey, an integral evaluation of the quality of children`s life in of Ishim town corresponds to an average level. The most vulnerable spheres of children`s life in the small city of Ishim are environment and ecology, inclusion of disabled children and safe traffic. The participants of the city marked the lack of green zones in the city suitable and available for children to use them (0,88), they valued ecological conditions as an average one (2,0), gave a low integral evaluation of the state of environment - 1,46. The results of phyto-indication and zoo-indication researches showed the low quality of the surface natural water of the water basins having been researched. An empirical evaluation of the quality of natural environment by high school students generally corresponds to existing ecological risks resulted from the low quality of water in economically significant water basins of the Tyumen Region. Application/Improvements: The research indicates the need to optimize the state of natural objects in Ishim and the need to improve the management process for urban area content and development of public environmental culture.
Ecology, Environment, Water, Quality of Life, High School.
- Horizon 2020: Framework programme for research and innovation. Practical guidance for researchers in Russia. European Union; 2014.
- Concept of the long-term socio-economic development of the Russian Federation until 2020 (Approved by the Order of Government of the Russian Federation; 2008 Nov 17. p. 1662.
- Our Common Future: report of the World commission on environment and development. United Nations General Assambly.
- Animitsa E, Elohov A, Sukhikh V. The quality of life of the population of the largest city. Part 1. Ural State University Publ.: Yekaterinburg; 2000.
- Bobylev SN, Kudryavtsev OV, Solovyov SV. Indicators of sustainable development for cities. The economy of the region. 2014; 3:101–10.
- Volkova SA. Integrated monitoring of the quality of life of the Voronezh Region. Bulletin of Volgograd State University. Series 3 “Economics. Ecology. 2015; 2(31):49–57.
- Zubets AN, Novikov AV, Yarasheva AV, Oborskiy AU, Sharafutdinova EI. Report on the research work on the theme: Research of quality of life in Russian cities. Moscow; 2014.
- Spiridonov SP. Quality of environment as indicator of life quality. Bulletin of Tambov State University. 2011; 5(97):73–7.
- Bobylev SN, Zubarevich NV, Solovieva SV, Vlasov Yu S. Sustainable development. Methodology and measurement techniques. Economics: Moscow; 2011.
- Habibrahmanova P, Ahmetbaeva L. Evaluation of the quality of life of the population in the cities of over one million people in Russia. The quality of life in the city of Kazan: a monograph. LAMBERT Academic publishing: Moscow; 2014.
- Fattore T. Review: Graciela Tonon (Ed.) Qualitative studies in quality of life: Methodology and decisions. Applied Research in Quality of Life. 2015; 10(4):757–9.
- Khaustov DS. The natural environment as a factor of the quality of life of the population of Irkutsk: The results of quantitative research. Proceedings of the ISEA, USA. 2012; 5(85):164–6.
- Khaustov DS. The natural environment as a factor of the quality of life of the urban population of the Irkutsk region: The results of the expert survey. Proceedings of the ISEA.
- Kostyshyn SS, Rudenko SS, Fedoriak MM. Ecological education: the edge phenomenon and new challenges. Environmental Monitoring and Biodiversity. 2014; 2(9):185–9.
- Chuikova LY. The problem of stability of ecological culture and environmental consciousness of a person in modern conditions. Man and Education. 2012; 1(30):49–53.
- Carmi N, Arnon S. Transforming environmental knowledge into behavior: The mediating role of environmental emotions. The Journal of Environmental Education. 2015; 6(3):183–201.
- Charlemagne-Badal SJ, Lee JW, Butler TL, Fraser GE. Conceptual domains included in wellbeing and life satisfaction instruments: A review. Applied Research in Quality of Life. 2015; 10(2):305–28.
- Feneri AM, Vagiona D, Karanikolas N. Multi-criteria decision making to measure quality of life: An integrated approach for implementation in the urban area of Thessaloniki, Greece. Applied Research in Quality of Life. 2015; 10(4):573–87.
- Ko MC, Choi SO. The effects of community quality of life on local policy decisions. Applied Research in Quality of Life. 2015; 10(4):667–87.
- Holman N. Incorporating local sustainability indicators into structures of local governance: A review of the literature. Local Environment. 2009; 14(4):365–75.
- Szymanski KM, Misseri R, Whittam B. Quality of life assessment in spina bifida for Adults (QUALAS-A): Development and international validation of a novel health-related quality of life instrument. Quality of Life Research. 2015; 24(10):2355–64.
- Santos LD, Martins I, Brito P. Measuring subjective quality of life: A survey to Porto’s residents. Applied Research in Quality of Life. 2007; 2:51–64.
- Santos LD, Martins I. The monitoring system on quality of life of the City of Porto. Community Quality-of-Life Indicators: Best Cases series IV. Springer, Dordrecht, Heidelberg, New York, London; 2013.
- Yu LA, Ermolaeva OE, Tokar OYe, Kvashnin SV, Kozlovtseva OS, Kadyseva AA, Ivankova AV, Gubanova LV, Katashinskaya LI. The natural and historical aspects of the formation of the quality of life of the city of Ishim: collective monograph. Ishim Teachers' Training Institute n.a. P.P. Yershov (the branch) of Tyumen State University: Ishim; 2016.
- Kline E. Indicators for sustainable development in urban areas. Devuyst D, Hens L, De Lannoy W, editors, How Green is the city? Sustainability assessment and the management of urban environments. Columbia University Press: New York; 2001.
- Lee S, Guhathakurta S. Bridging environmental sustainability and quality of life in metropolitan Atlanta’s urban communities. Community Quality-of-Life Indicators, Best Cases VI. 2013; 4:207–33.
- Helmer J, Senior K, Cunningham T. The need for a comprehensive survey of youth wellbeing in the Northern Territory. Applied Research in Quality of Life. 2015; 10(3):509–23.
- Jany-Catrice F, Marlier G. Regional indicators of well-being: The case of France. Community Quality-of-Life Indicators: Best Cases VI. 2013; 4:19–45.
- McAslan D, Prakash M, Pijawka D, Guhathakurta S, Sadalla E. Measuring quality of life in border cities: The border observatory project in the US-Mexico border region. Community Quality-of-Life Indicators: Best Cases VI. 2013; 4:43–171.
- López-Tamayo J, Royuela V, Suriñach J. Building a Quality in Work Index in Spain. Community Quality-of-Life Indicators: Best Cases VI. 2013; 4:233–63.
- Moiseenko TI, Gashev SN, Shalabodov AD. Water quality and stability of ecosystems: theoretical and applied aspects of research. Bulletin of Tyumen State University. 2012; 12:6–16.
- Cihacek LJ, Anderson WL, Barak PW. Linkages between soil quality and plant, animal, and human health. Methods for Assessing Soil Quality.; SSSA Special Publication. 1996; 49:9–23.
- De Coster G, Van Dongen S, Malaki P, Muchane M, Alcántara-Exposito A. Fluctuating asymmetry and environmental stress: understanding the role of trait history; 2013.
- Mulamattathil SG, Bezuidenhout C, Mbewe M. Analysis of physico-chemical and bacteriological quality of drinking water in Mafikeng, South Africa. Journal of Water and Health. 2015; 13(4):1143–52.
- Roy S, Phetxumphou K, Dietrich AM. An evaluation of the readability of drinking water quality reports: a national assessment. Journal of Water and Health. 2015; 13(3):645–53.
- Alberch P. Ontogeny and morphological diversification. American Zoologist. 1980; 20:653–67.
- Allenbach D. Fluctuating asymmetry and exogenous stress in fishes: a review. Reviews in Fish Biology and Fisheries. 2011; 21:355–76.
- Graham JH, Raz S, Hel-Or H, Nevo E. Fluctuating asymmetry: Methods, theory, and applications. Symmetry. 2010; 2:466–540.
- Moller AP, Swaddle JP. Asymmetry, developmental stability and evolution. Oxford University Press: Oxford; 1997.
- Morris MR, Rios-Cardenas O, Lyons SM, Scarlett Tudor M, Bono LM. Fluctuating asymmetry indicates the optimization of growth rate over developmental stability. Functional Ecology. 2012; 26:723–31.
- Sjǿvold T. Non-metrical divergence between skeletal populations. The theoretical foundation and biological importance of C.A.B. Smiths Mean Measure of Divergence. Ossa. 1977; 4(1):1–133.
- Vasilvev AG, Vasilveva IA, Bolshakov VN. Evolucionary-ecological analysis of trends in phenogenetic variation of homologous morphological structures: from populations to ecological series of species. Russian Journal of Ecology. 2010; 5:365–71.
- Waddington CH. The strategy of the genes: A discussion on some aspects of theoretical biology. L.: Allen and Unwin: London; 1957.
- Zakharov VM, Graham JH. Developmental stability in natural populations. Acta Zoologica Fennica. 1992; 191:200.
- Zakharov VM, Baranov AS, Borisov VI, Valetsky AV, Kryazheva NG, Chistyakova EK, Chubinishvili AT. Environmental health: methods of assessment. Centre for Russian Environmental Policy; Moscow; 2000.
- Kozhara AV. Assessment of the state of populations of commercial carps by morphogenesis stability indicators: Synopsis of Thesis. Moscow; 1987.
- Sviridenko BF. Mamontov YuS, Sviridenko TV. Use of hydro-macrophytes in comprehensive assessment of ecological status for water bodies of the West-Siberian Plain. Amfora; Omsk; 2011.
- McCrea-Strub A, Kleisner K, Sumaila UR, Swartz W, Watson R, Zeller D, Pauly D. Potential impact of the deepwater horizon oil spill on commercial fisheries in the Gulf of Mexico. Fisheries. 2011; 36:332–36.
- Miretzky P, Saralegui A, Fernández C. A. Simultaneous heavy metal removal mechanism by dead macrophytes. Chemosphere. 2006; 62(2):247–54.
- Nirmal-Kumar JI, Soni H, Kumar RN, Bhatt I. Macrophytes in phytoremediation of heavy metal contaminated water and sediments in Pariyej Community Reserve, Gujarat, India. Turkish Journal of Fisheries and Aquatic Sciences. 2008; 8:193–200.
- Rahman MA, Hasegawa H. Aquatic arsenic: phytoremediation using floating macrophytes. Chemosphere. 2011; 83(5):633–46.
- Rai PK. Heavy metal pollution in aquatic ecosystems and its phytoremediation using wetland plants: an ecosustainable approach. International Journal of Phytoremediation. 2008; 10(2):131–58.
- Yu LA, Puzynina GG, Ermolaeva AV, Ivankova AV, Scherer DO. Analysis of the environmental situation in the provincial town of Ishim Tyumen region. Quality of life: A monograph. Vol.2. Krasnoyarsk: Research and Innovation Center; 2011.
- Yu LA, Puzynina GG, Ermolaeva AV, Kozlovtseva OS. Monitoring the state of ecosystems in the city of Ishim. Izvestia Samarskogo nauchnogo tsentra. 2010; 12(33), 1(8):1935–40.
- Yu LA, Yermolayeva AV. On the Ishim river status estimation by bio-indication methods. Ershov Readings: Inter-University Digest of Scientific Articles. Part 2. L.V. Vedernikova (ed), Ishim Publishing house of the Ishim State Teachers' Training Institute n.a. P.P. Ershov: Ishim; 2013. p. 170–4.
- Yu LA, Puzynina GG. Evaluation of environmental well-being in terms of stability of development of plants and animals. Izvestia Samarskogo nauchnogo tsentra. 2012; 14, 5(3):611–14.
- Yu LA, Tokar OE, Puzynina GG, Krasnenko AS, Ermolaeva AV, Scherer DO, Kozlovtseva OS. Current status of terrestrial and aquatic ecosystems of Ishim: monograph. Ishim State Teachers' Training Institute n.a. P.P. Ershov: Ishim; 2011.
- Levykh AYu, Puzynina GG. Phenogenetic analysis of the population of animals in conditions of urban ecological systems. Bulletin of Tyumen State University. Series: Ecology and Nature Management. 2013; 6:87–95.
- Yu LA, Puzynina GG. Epigenetic variability of non-metric traits in animals from populations with varying degrees of anthropogenic loads. Modern problems of science and education.
- Likhachev SF, Yu LA, Tokar OE, Krasnenko AS, Suppes NE. Environmental assessment of Lake Chertovo in Ishim. Socio-economic and Environmental Aspects in Development of Western Siberia and Adjacent Areas: Materials of the Inter-University Scientific-Practical Conference III. Ishim State Teachers' Training Institute n.a. P.P. Yershov: Ishim; 2009. p. 122–9.
- Likhachev SF, Yu LA, Tokar OE, Puzynina GG, Krasnenko AS, Suppes NE. Environmental assessment of the Ishim River in the territory of Ishim by bio-indication methods. Environmental Monitoring and Biodiversity. 2009; 4, 1–2:158–68.
- Tokar OE. Use of hydro-macrophytes in comprehensive assessment of ecological status for water bodies of Ishim and the surrounding area. Bulletin of Tyumen State University. Series: Ecology and Nature Management. 2013; 12:67–73.
- Tokar OE. Taxonomic composition of aquatic flora in water bodies of Ishim and the surrounding area. Proceedings of Ryazan Branch of Russian Botanical Society. Comparative Floristics: Materials of All-Russian School-Seminar on Comparative Floristics dedicated to 100th anniversary of "Oka Flora" by A.F. Flyorov. Ryazan State University n.a. S.A. Esenin: Ryazan. 2010; 2(2):159–62.
- Baklashova TA. Workshop on ichthyology. Agropromizdat: Moscow; 1990.
- Selyukov AG. Biological statistics. Tyumen State University: Tyumen; 1994.
- Kim YS, Choi HS, Kim YS, Kim GY. Effects on quality of life and oral health of the elderly in an oral health promotion program. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 May; 9(20):1–4.
- Kim HY, Yang YK. Relation research on job demand-control-support, work-leisure conflict, quality of life in tourism employee’s. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Jul; 9(26):1–6.
- Reddy BS, Parameshwar KS. Water quality studies of Saralasagar reservoir with reference to physico–chemical parameters. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Aug; 9(29):1–18.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.