Total views : 199
Experimental Investigation on Dissimilar Welding By GMAW
Objectives: Dissimilar welding is the joining between two different materials by any welding process. Dissimilar weld has made considerable attention in many fields, such as in ship industries and nuclear power plant. The welding investigators have always been in search for better quality of weldment. In present work, effect of current, gas flow rate and nozzle to plate distance on quality of weld has been studied through experiment and analyses. Methods/Statistical Analysis: Welding has been done as per Taguchi method. Three levels of the welding input process parameters have been selected. The observed data is analyzed by PCA methodology. Findings: The optimal factor setting becomes C1F3S3 (i.e. welding current = 100 A, Gas flow rate = 20 l/min and Nozzle to plate distance = 15 mm). Application/Improvements: The PCA method is employed to determine the optimal combination.
Dissimilar Welding, Mig welding, Optimization, PCA Method, Tensile test.
- Singla M, Singh D, Deepak D. Parametric optimization of gas metal arc welding processes by using factorial design approach. Journal of Minerals and Materials Characterization and Engineering. 2010; 9(4):353–63.
- Khanna OP. Welding technology. Dhanpat Rai and Sons; 1986.
- Ghosh A, Mallik AK. Manufacturing science. New Delhi: East-West Press Private Limited; 2008.
- Ghosh N. Ensuring weld quality in metal inert gas welding of AISI 409 ferritic stainless steel. 2015 Jan-Feb; 1(5):109–14.
- Singh PK, Patel D, Prasad SB. Development of vibratory welding technique and tensile properties investigation ofshielded metal arc welded joints. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Sep; 9(35):1–6.
- Raja ND, Velu R, Selvamani ST. An experimental study of mechanical properties and effect of welding speed of Friction Stir Welding on aluminum alloy 6061. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Dec; 8(35):1–7.
- Jayapriya J, Muruganandam D, Thirusangu K, Das SL. Parametrical analysis of Friction Stir Welding of dissimilar aluminum AA7075 and AA2024 using graph labeling. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2012 Aug; 5(7):1–4.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.