Total views : 175
A Multi-Objective Approach for Improving Technical Factors of Distribution Networks Considering Uncertainties in Loads and Wind Turbines
Objectives: Objectives of this paper are to achieve decreasing power losses, maintaining permissible voltage profiles in distribution networks and also considering the uncertainties of network Components like loads and wind turbines. Methods/ Statistical Analysis: A new method is proposed for Distribution Feeder Reconfiguration (DFR) and capacitor placement considering Wind Turbine (WT) based on an improved reconfiguration technique. The employed DFR method is based on a single loop reconfiguration method which selects the optimal branch in each loop to achieve maximum loss reduction. Moreover, sequence of loops selection is optimized by using an optimization algorithm. Findings: A joint optimization algorithm has been proposed for combination of the capacitor placement and the improved network reconfiguration. This is due to the inherent coupling relationship between these methods, and therefore, simultaneous implementation of them is more effective than considering them separately. For more practical application of the proposed method, stochastic nature of loads and wind turbine generators of the network have been considered. Teaching-Learning Based Optimization (TLBO) algorithm has been employed for the proposed joint optimization problem and its results have been compared to the PSO and GA. The objective function has been proposed for minimizing the total cost due to capacitor placement and energy losses during 2 years with considering the constraints of bus voltages and the current carrying capacity of conductors. The obtained results confirmed the effectiveness of the proposed method. Application/Improvements: Simultaneous implementation of capacitor placement and reconfiguration method, considering stochastic nature of network and also employing TLBO algorithm for the proposed optimization problem.
Load and Technical Improvement, Distribution Network, Uncertainty, Wind Turbine.
- Rajaji L. Neural Network Controller Based Induction Generator for Wind Turbine Applications, Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2009; 2(2):7074.
- Maaref M. A Reliability Model for a Doubly Fed Induction Generator Based Wind Turbine Unit Considering Auxiliary Components, Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2013; 6(9):528188.
- Hosseini SA. Optimal Sizing and Siting Distributed Generation Resources using a Multi objective Algorithm, Turkish Journal of Electrical Engineering and Computer Sciences. 2013; 21(3):82550.
- Basha Shaik J. Application of Power Matrix Technique for Controlling DFIG Wind Turbine System, Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 8(23):15.
- Izadbakhsh M. Dynamic Analysis of PMSG Wind Turbine under Variable Wind Speeds and Load Conditions in the Grid Connected Mode, Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 8(14):1-7.
- Levitin G. Optimal Capacitor Allocation in Distribution Systems using a Genetic Algorithm and a Fast Energy Loss Computation Technique, IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery. 2000; 15(2):62328.
- Hosseini SA. Installing Distributed Generation Units and Capacitors Simultaneously in a Distribution System Considering Economic Issues, Journal of Renewable and Sustainable Energy. 2014; 6(2):116.
- Vulasala SSG, Thiruveedula S. Feeder Reconfiguration for Loss Reduction in Unbalanced Distribution System using Genetic Algorithm, International Journal of Electrical and Electronics Engineering. 2009; 3(2):240–48.
- Lopez E. Online Reconfiguration Considering Variability Demand: Applications to Real Networks, IEEE Transactions on Power Systems. 2004; 19(1):54953.
- Young-Jae J. An Efficient Simulated Annealing Algorithm for Network Reconfiguration in Large-Scale Distribution Systems, IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery. 2002; 17(4):107078.
- Su CT, Lee CS. Feeder Reconfiguration and Capacitor Setting for Loss Reduction of Distribution Systems, Electric Power Systems Research. 2001; 58(2):97102.
- Zeng R. Reconfiguration and Capacitor Placement for Loss Reduction of Distribution System, IEEE Region 10 Conference on Computers, Communications, Control and Power Engineering. 2008; 23(4):174755.
- Guimaraes MAN. Distribution Systems Operation Optimisation through Reconfiguration and Capacitor Allocation by a Dedicated Genetic Algorithm, IET Generation, Transmission and Distribution. 2010; 4(11):121322.
- Zhang D. Joint Optimization for Power Loss Reduction in Distribution Systems, IEEE Transactions on Power Systems. 2008; 23(1):16169.
- Chang CF. Reconfiguration and Capacitor Placement for Loss Reduction of Distribution Systems by Ant Colony Search Algorithm, IEEE Transactions on Power Systems. 2008; 23(4):174755.
- Santosh J. Teaching Learning Based Optimization (TLBO) for Optimal Placement of Piezo-Patches, Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016; 9(34):15.
- Rao RV. Teaching–Learning-Based Optimization: An Optimization Method for Continuous Non-Linear Large Scale Problems, Information Sciences. 2012; 183(1):115.
- Papoulis A. Probability, Random Variables, and Stochastic Processes 3rd Edition. Boston, USA: McGraw-Hill, 1991.
- Damousis IG. A Solution to the Unit-Commitment Problem using Integer-Coded Genetic Algorithm, IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, 2004; 19(2):116572.
- Gallego RA. Optimal Capacitor Placement in Radial Distribution Networks, IEEE Transactions on Power Systems. 2001; 16(4):63037.
- Ng HN, Salama MMA, Chikhani AY. Classification of Capacitor Allocation Techniques, IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery. 2000; 15(1). 38792.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.