Total views : 215
Pollution Reduction Mechanism Model in Urban India using Solar Assisted Bicycle
Objectives: The main objective of this study is to design and develop a Solar Assisted Bicycle (SAB) in order to reduce pollution in India. Methods/Statistical analysis: The elicitation design and methodology to move or run the bicycle in solar energy with the help of hub motor which is mounted on the front wheel. Provision is made in the design to charge the battery from electrical (solar) source. Findings: Thus the rapid growth in population and urban mobilization in India has result an increase in the usage of motor vehicles. The environmental decay is due to vehicles combustion of fuels. In urban areas it is increasing continuously day by day. Even though India has abundant resource in solar energy, still the country is spending more of artificial resource (crude oil) than natural resource (Solar). To solving this problem, a design is made to develop an eco-friendly vehicle. The main finding of the proposed bicycle is to reduce the 60% of overall vehicle emission in India. Application/Improvements: with the rising fuel prices and pollution, this bicycle seems to be cheapest, healthiest, eco-friendly and it is affordable to all kinds of people in the society.
Air Pollutant, Eco-Friendly, Hub Motor, Solar Assisted Bicycle(SAB) , Vehicle Emission.
- Goyal P et al, Mishra D, Kumar A. Vehicular emission inventory of criteria pollutants, In Delhi. SpringerPlus. 2013; 2(216).
- Shrivastava, Neeta S, Geeta G. Air pollution due to road transportation in India: A review on assessment and reduction strategies. Journal of Environmental Research and Development. 2013; 8(1):1–9.
- Aikenhead. Bicycle applications for on-board solar power generation system adaptation. Guelph Engineering Journal. 2011 Apr; 4(9–25):1–5.
- Vince MI, Narendra IK, Koh LH, Yao C. Campus mobility for the future: the electric bicycle. Journal of Transportation Technologies. 2012; 2(1):1–12.
- Parmar M, Trivedi R, Nair S, Vora V. Solar powered E-bike. Imperial Journal of Interdisciplinary Research (IJIR). 2016; 2(5):1–3.
- Beedu R. Design, fabrication and performance analysis of solar power bicycle. International Journal of Renewable Energy and Environmental Engineering. 2014; 2(3):192–4.
- Revati D, Natarajan E. Enhancing of solar cell by air cooling. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Feb; 9(5):1–6.
- Kandasamy R. IOSR Journal of Mechanical and Civil Engineering (IOSR-JMCE). 2013; 5(2):11–24.
- Geetha A, Subramani C, Krithika V. Development and analysis of switched capacitor four quadrant DC-DC converter for hybrid electric vehicle. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Jun; 9(22):1–10.
- Varsha RD, Rao DN. An application of fuzzy logic controller renewable energy storage system. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Aug; 9(32):1–7.
- Sankar MR . International Journal of Scientific and Research Publications. 2013; 3(3):1–1.
- Dubey D. International Journal of Geology, Earth and Environmental Sciences. 2013; 3(1):156–64.
- Kumar SK, Saxena G. Measurement and control of emission in two wheelers. International Journal of Engineering Research and Application. 2014 May; 4(5):116–8.
- SIAM (Society of Indian automobile manufacturers), statistical profile on two wheelers registration in India; 2010– 2015.
- Central pollution control board, India, annual report [Internet].2015 [cited 2015]. Available from: cpcb.nic.in/annualreport.php.
- Auto fuel policy report, India, Annual report [Internet].2015 [cited 2015]. Available from: http://petroleum.nic.in/ reports.htm.
- ARAI (The Automotive Research Association of India) Air Quality Monitoring Project-Indian Clean Air Programme (ICAP), draft report on emission factor development for Indian vehicles as a part of ambient air quality monitoring and emission source apportionment studies [Internet].2007 [cited 2007]. Available from:
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.